Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Toughest Place In Canada To Fly?

Can I go, CanI go, can I, canI,.....407 I know, you know but take CTD's advise on Labrador. I've worked fixed wing and helicopters from the Kenai Penninsula & Cordova to Nain, and Yellowknife to Durango Mexico, Blairmore to New York and by far the best place yet has been Labradour. The people and the scenery are truly amazing. That includes our back 40 here in the rock pile, and when I lived in the Himalayas in 82. Labradour is truly awsome, I'd go back in a heart beat :up: . Chugtown(Chetwyn) even Blairmore has nothin' on Webb bay, Putt Lk ,or any spot in the Torngats. Had to roll fuel barrels onto the skids of the old Chevy II so she didn't blow over. 50 foot water spouts all summer long in Ugly Camp. I'm sure Brad and Ronnie have way more to tell, I wasn't there long enough.

On a side note, I've had the fortunte experience of working and living all over the world. Have fantastic parents who made sure we as kids could form our own impressions of the world, by visiting just about every continent on the planet :up: . But I think the toughest places to fly are what we as pilots allow ourselfs to get into. Whether its flying traffic in YYC or landing on a platform in the middle of the night somewhere in the north atlantic. They all pose there challenges to us, at that specific point in time and that specific level of flying that we often thought we were qualified for, and later realized that we were just lucky to have survived. I have a little bit of time in my log book now, and still get suprised sometimes doing a run up.

All in all, we have the best jobs in the world..... It's not the destination , but the journey thats the adventure.

Was that out loud?

Okay, okay, time to slowly put down the bottle and walk away from the computer..... :wacko:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to say Baffin Island was the hardest and most beautiful place to fly...though north of Repulse Bay was the loneliest place I've every been in....did a mercy mission to replace a engine on a jetbox out of Winnipeg to somewhere south of Hall Beach,by myself in good old ZSJ....now there is a jetbox thats been around...heard she's been written off once again. :D :shock: :blink: :up:

:D Mr Man, How the **** are ya! Yes sir I'am who you think I'am, I think :blink: . I flew for Dwight and the boys from Castle Rock. Some of the best people around :up: . Flew the old Chevy II and one of the two beavers they were operating before Adam's accident :( . Still one of the best jobs I have ever had. Was in in way over my head, but was lucky enough to have survived and meet some really fantastic people from Goose :up: .

If anybody from Goose is coming out to the rock pile, the door is always open and there are always cold beers in da fridge :up: