Ifr Training

volition

When did it change and where does it say so in the car's because I am in the process of doing my ifr and transport will only except half of my hours that I did in the USA! and I have this from Lindsay Cadenhead at transport in Ottawa and no I dont hold an Faa ifr rating

Of course you need to hold the rating on your Faa license.

Still not sure where the info is in the cars and there are three guys who work for Cougar who hold Commercial Ifr and ATPL(H) FAA doing the Aero course and are writing the INRAT this week so they can do the ifr ride

I'd double check that Volition. If a pilot with a day-VFR FAA licence needs training and the written to get a TC conversion, why wouldn't an FAA licenced IFR pilot?

Would an FAA trained IFR pilot know that a lot of MOCAs on cross boarder routes increase on our side, if he/she wasn't trained or taught it? "Little" things like that can make a huge difference.

Hmm - that sounds like the rule that allows an pilot with a Canadian IR to send TC their paperwork from abroad to keep their Canadian IR current without doing the exams or check ride again.

Fixed wing pilots can exchange their ratings at the moment, but not helicopter ones as yet.

phil

• 3 weeks later...
I'd double check that Volition. If a pilot with a day-VFR FAA licence needs training and the written to get a TC conversion, why wouldn't an FAA licenced IFR pilot?

Would an FAA trained IFR pilot know that a lot of MOCAs on cross boarder routes increase on our side, if he/she wasn't trained or taught it? "Little" things like that can make a huge difference.

Hmm.. I was about to get my FAA IR converted into Canadian.. :)

Not that it matters, but FAA does not have anything called Day VFR license. Only for people who train in Hawaii and Alaska. ;)