Sign in to follow this  
seamus32

Engine Numbering Systems

In the fixed wing side multi engine aircraft are numbered from left to right from the view of the pilot. what about a 212? or other multi engine helicopter? does left to right stand or is it the master and the slave?

Hmmm?? How about a S-58T, where the engines are facing aft??

shouldn't be a problem there, last I saw, the 58t was single engine (as was the 58)

407too...are you thinking about a 55T then yes one engine, but the 58T has a PT6 twinpac.

407too...are you thinking about a 55T then yes one engine, but the 58T has a PT6 twinpac.

apologies all around, yes, I was thinking of the 55

Technically you are correct, as Pratt considers the twin pac one engine. It consists of two powerplants and one combining gearbox making up one engine.

Technically you are correct, as Pratt considers the twin pac one engine. It consists of two powerplants and one combining gearbox making up one engine.

Methinks someone is picking flysh-t out of pepper here. :D:D

So by that theory the 212 is also a single engine (and I don't mean the Eagle 212S)