Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

An S-58 In Southern Ontario?

Just wondering if my eyes were deceiving me, but I thought I saw an S-58 with red and white stripes flying lower level just north of London, Ontario today. Time was about 19:00 Z, June 29... any insight would be much appreciated.

Thanks sirlandsalot you described what I saw, although C-GIMU has been an S-76A since the early 80's, and now is with CHC I believe. If anyone else has seen the S58 or can remember what company it was working for please let me know.

Thanks sirlandsalot you described what I saw, although C-GIMU has been an S-76A since the early 80's, and now is with CHC I believe. If anyone else has seen the S58 or can remember what company it was working for please let me know.

Could it be a S-58E, registration mark C-GIMO operated by Cypress Helicopters Ltd. of Bow Island, Alberta? Or possibly one of the other two they operate?

Helimat

Mark: C-GIMO Serial No: 58 067

Common Name: Sikorsky Model Name: S-58E

You may search by any combination of following fields.

Please enter the information you wish to search by and click the Search Button.

When entering the mark, it is not necessary to enter CF- or C-.

When searching by Owner, enter a Company Name or a Last Name. CANADA

Mark Information Alberta

Aircraft Information Bow Island

Regional Office: Edmonton Basis for Eligibility for Registration: Type Certificate - CAR Standard 507.02 (1), 507.03 (3) - 1H11

Type of Registration: Commercial

Category: Helicopter Max take-off weight: 5896

Manufacturer: Sikorsky Aircraft

Year of Manufacture: 1955

Country of manufacture: U.S.A.

(kgs)

Owner Registered Since: 1991-06-21 Latest Certificate of Registration Issued: 1999-03-25

Engine: Piston Number of Engines: 1

Engine Category:

Name: ( 1 of 1 ) Cypress Helicopters Ltd Mail Recipient: Yes

Address: Box 716

City: Bow Island Province/State: Alberta

Postal Code: T0K 0G0 Region: Prairie and Northern

There was an N-registered S-58 that flew thru the Waterloo CZ on Friday. I have no idea what the full ident was. I was looking into the sun and couldn't tell the colour.

I think they fly emergency auto parts from Detroit. Thats probably who you saw.

Search for McMahon Helicopters outta Mich. US.

Thanks all! I think it was C-GIMO but couldn't find any pictures... there wasn't any blue on the paint job like the McMahon Helicopters. That was the first S-58E I've seen flying and it looked like a flying piece of history. :up: