Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Alpha 400 Helmet Sizing

I am looking at buying an alpha 400 helmet as an upgrade from my SPH-4. I don't really understand how they are sized for your head though? I've read that one size is suppose to fit all.

I also wanted to know if anyone has worn both the alpha and the sph-4 and which is liked best.

Thanks

Alpha 200 is definately a great upgrade from a SPH4. Although it is certainly not one size fits all. Comes in the regular sm, m, l and xl, but also comes in long sizes. Different sizes come with different shell sizes. I ordered a medium, but got sent a medium long which was too big and was also a larger shell size than the regular medium. I ended up buying mine a bit snug then made some minor mods in order to make it fit rather than using padding to make a larger bucket fit. To me, using padding to make a helmet fit is like wearing two pair of socks in shoes that are too big. Find someone who has one and try it on for size before you order.

TB

Guest sharky

If you are going to spend that kind of money, why not get your alpha dealer to send you their sizing tool so that you may measure your head proper?

Oh, and skip the 200 and go right for the Eagle :up:

Hate to disagree with Sharky, but if your planning on dong any long line work I'd avoid the Eagle and stick with the 200 with a soft visor cover. Eagle is a very large helmet. It may be the newest gear from Alpha, but I don't think it would be practical for most.