Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Foreign Lame Conversion

nutmix

Does anybody out there know if you can convert a New Zealand or Australian Engineers licence to a Canadian one.

I believe you can convert a Comercial pilots licence after doing a flight test and a conversion exam, but I cant find and information in TC regarding Engineers.

I am a Kiwi holding a New Zealand and an Austrailian Engineering Licences with approvals on R22, R44, B206, H369 and AS350 airframe and RR Allison C series engine and a few airline fixed wing approvals aswell and am thinking about seeking rortor craft work in Canada.

Any information would be helpful. :up:

I do believe that since you are part of the commonwealth that the requirement is 6 months on the job training with an A.M.O. and then write the C.A.R.S. exam. You will also be required to supply supporting documentation such as license, factory certificates, airframe & engine and possibly a record of your previous duties, tasks and or experience. You will also need a work visa from the Canadian government.

Good Luck

DM

P.S. How do I get to work in AU or NZ?

Here is how it is written in the CARS.

http://www.tc.gc.ca/CivilAviation/Regserv/...ndards/566s.htm

It looks to be if the country of origin of your license, New Zealand/Australia are ICAO members it should be as stated above, prove licensing, write the CARS and have experiance applicable to the license (M1 M2) it should be no problem :up:

I would however check with Transport Canada to get the "real interpritation". :lol:

Thanks for the info guys,

E-mailed TC and the finally goy a reply. From what I can work out, my NZ/AU licence will probably get me around the training part of the licence but I would have to sit all of the exams. :shock:

A bit more head scratching required before I make any plans............ :huh:

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks for the info guys,

E-mailed TC and the finally goy a reply. From what I can work out, my NZ/AU licence will probably get me around the training part of the licence but I would have to sit all of the exams. :shock:

A bit more head scratching required before I make any plans............ :huh:

I went thru converting my NZ license to Canada and had my experience recognised which meant i did not have to attend a school, but had to sit all exams and complete a record of experience.

None of my NZ ratings were recognised so had to attend bell 206 and as350 courses and also had to redo alison 250 course as Canada wont recognise any overseas courses if they are available here.

You must do an airframe type course to be able release an aircraft to service.

I went thru converting my NZ license to Canada and had my experience recognised which meant i did not have to attend a school, but had to sit all exams and complete a record of experience.

None of my NZ ratings were recognised so had to attend bell 206 and as350 courses and also had to redo alison 250 course as Canada wont recognise any overseas courses if they are available here.

You must do an airframe type course to be able release an aircraft to service.

Thanks for the info Phil....

If I was 10 years younger then maybe I would give it a go, but I am now getting too old to redo all that schooling. :(

Maybe I should try for a short contract as an AME just for a change of scenery..... B)

Anyway, once again thanx

Nutmix