Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Tasman 212 Shot Up In Kabul?

Guest who's yer daddy

Guest who's yer daddy

Scuttle butt goin' round that a Taz 212 was shot down over in Kabul some time this week? Heard the crew evacuated when the bird hit the ground and the iron was then destroyed by a RPG?

Anyone in the know? Or just another Canadian Helicopter Industry rumour?

Scuttle butt goin' round that a Taz 212 was shot down over in Kabul some time this week? Heard the crew evacuated when the bird hit the ground and the iron was then destroyed by a RPG?

Anyone in the know? Or just another Canadian Helicopter Industry rumour?

I really hope this is just a wild rumor. :(

a 212 was destroyed in kabul last year after making an emergency landing brought on by an engine fire. The aircraft was abandoned by the crew, overrun a short time later by Taliban and destroyed by US forces, perhaps thats the story you heard?

They just started looking for crew a month ago, I didn't think they had a machine there yet.

Guest bag swinnger

Now thats interesting!

Just this evening, I was talking to one of the pilots that will be flying this machine on its first flight in Kabul. we had a good chuckle as I was telling him about this thread, as he was waiting for a plane in Edmonton to fly over seas. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Pacific helicopters out of Papua New guinea,lost 2 212s over three years on that contract,the latest was maybe a few months ago,had an engine fire, landed were attacked by taliban ,machine destroyed,crew and passengers rescued.I think thats the one youre talking about

The one in 2004 pilot shot dead after landing, machine destoyed by ground fire afterwards,some passengers wounded.