Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Md 530 What Can It Do Where Can I Get One?

Just thought I would pick the brain's of the best and brightest on the subject of the MD530. Can't find them so you guys will have to do. I'm looking for help on gathering any and all information regarding the MD530. Prices, availability, Support, capabilities any help would be greatly appreciated. Trying to get the powers that be to think outside the box. As far as fleet upgrades. Thanks for your sarcasm ahead of time.

It's a stump puller. A fargo tank's a must. It does NOT take hours to get the exhaust off. Parts availability is the same as the 500 with the exception of a few items ie. T/R driveshaft. Same blades as the 500N I believe. Engine's a straight C30. Access to the front of the engine is a bear. Worse than the 500. You can change the tach generators if you have nimble fingers. All in all a great machine. Helilog56 a good guy to ask about it. Think he was pulling 1500lbs at +30, high density altitude. Had it stripped right out mind you..

Like any machine it has it's applications and does very well at what it does. Niche machine for sure. As far as the 500 bashing....We run three types and probably have bout the same issues with MD as we do with Europter or Bell. Seems to be more difficult to get parts out of the latter two. MD customer support is excellent these days. They are really making an effort. The 500 is what it is. If you can't use it, don't run it..It's a great machine and I'll stand by it. Still love flying it and will be sad to see the day when they're gone.

It's a stump puller. A fargo tank's a must. It does NOT take hours to get the exhaust off. Parts availability is the same as the 500 with the exception of a few items ie. T/R driveshaft. Same blades as the 500N I believe. Engine's a straight C30. Access to the front of the engine is a bear. Worse than the 500. You can change the tach generators if you have nimble fingers. All in all a great machine. Helilog56 a good guy to ask about it. Think he was pulling 1500lbs at +30, high density altitude. Had it stripped right out mind you..

Like any machine it has it's applications and does very well at what it does. Niche machine for sure. As far as the 500 bashing....We run three types and probably have bout the same issues with MD as we do with Europter or Bell. Seems to be more difficult to get parts out of the latter two. MD customer support is excellent these days. They are really making an effort. The 500 is what it is. If you can't use it, don't run it..It's a great machine and I'll stand by it. Still love flying it and will be sad to see the day when they're gone.

THE 5 HONDO WILL NEVER DIE! :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk:

Thanks for the info everyone. I hope that clears things up for the Pilot who wanted to know real world applications of the machine. I for one would be happy to open the cowling on an MD product even though I might regret that statement....Some people say its a bear to do almost anything to the 500 familly but hey if this was easy everyone would do it. :punk:

• 2 weeks later...

you can get more info on this MD530 by contacting EM logistics in Langley. I've flown them and worked on them, they do have their place, if you can supply the fuel and the people to proficiently work on them. For the size, they produce well.

THE 5 HONDO WILL NEVER DIE! :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk:

I couldn't have said it better myself. I love flying it but I'm glad I don't have to do the wrenching. All said though unfortunately the "D" model sometimes has to ask for help from from the bigger brother on the 4000'+ drill moves. That John Deer has a tendency of requiring some finess.