Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Experienced Attidute.

I've been reading on here about the 100hr boys not wanting to put the time in. Coming out of flight training, thinking they have the right to fly..

But then you hear the storys of the boys that go above and beyond to get there first jobs.. They keep there attidute good and work out great..

My question is what's the attidute with the experienced guys that are currently in high demand. Is your 100hr making it attidute still there? Or has the industry changed you with experience?

Oh yeah 100hr pups, what you think of the experienced guys attidtutes?

b.

I think there's all types. Just like new pilots, there are experienced guys who are still super keen and those who feel they deserve to use a platinum toilet. Guys that will wash their machine, scrub the inside, fix ops gear etc. Some guys won't, whatever. Through it all it is a team environment and the more we all chip in the faster we get out making money. But the short of it is, there's lazy and super keen and everything in between. Engineers and pilots

Well, I beleive you should work hard for your first job coming out to the industry with 100 hours under your belt.. Show that you want..

But , is it always the 100 hour pilot that has a bad attitude..

I just heard that some companies, has had 100 hour pilots employed for 2 years, they have worked hard to try to get hours build up.. What does the company do? Fire them and get fresh 100 hour pilots who are willing to work for free..

Whats wrong here?? :o

I see you all have the same problem we do, maybe because of adds like this..

http://www.inc.com/app/inc500/viewCompany.jsp?cmpId=2006012

"Silver State has more than 2,000 students at a given time, and the company predicts this next crop will all be snapped up for firefighting, search and rescue, and border security."

Any 2006 Silver State Helicopters grads been "snapped up" for firefighting, search and rescue and border security recently?

I see you all have the same problem we do, maybe because of adds like this..

http://www.inc.com/app/inc500/viewCompany.jsp?cmpId=2006012

"Silver State has more than 2,000 students at a given time, and the company predicts this next crop will all be snapped up for firefighting, search and rescue, and border security."

Any 2006 Silver State Helicopters grads been "snapped up" for firefighting, search and rescue and border security recently?

:shock: :shock: :shock:

at least its in the states

who really does this career without research :down: apparently quite a few...

I think there's all types. Just like new pilots, there are experienced guys who are still super keen and those who feel they deserve to use a platinum toilet. Guys that will wash their machine, scrub the inside, fix ops gear etc. Some guys won't, whatever. Through it all it is a team environment and the more we all chip in the faster we get out making money. But the short of it is, there's lazy and super keen and everything in between. Engineers and pilots

Hey rainman, don't get the Engineers involved in this one. I think most Engineers would rather just watch this post and chuckle when the Pilots start start slashing each other!! :up: :up: :up: