Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Credit Cards

Never had a problem getting expenses paid at our outfit. Don't even have to submit a claim to the office right away, a quick call to the money man and he pays off my Visa straight away. Last tour across the country put about $8,000.00 on my card and I never paid any interest. I actually prefer to use my card as I get travel points on it. Taking the family to Mexico for two weeks this winter on points accumulated in a year and a half.

Pretty sure he has bigger fish to fry..... but thanks for the warning. Sometimes I think that part of the training/education in becoming an auditor is to have that part of your brain removed that knows the difference between what is and isn't important, along with the part that enjoys life and knows how to have a laugh.

Anyway, not too worried about it at all.... unless one of you sunsabeetches is a nark!

Why would an employer give you a million (multi) $$ helicopter, and then expect you to put fuel in it at your own expense???

Where are the gas cards (shell, esso, etc) that would allow you to buy all the fuel you want? If your employer cannot get the above cards, I would think that that would make you a bit insecure in your ability to get reimbursed.

I would think that there are some that cannot afford to carry that kind of load on their personal card..., at least I hope that I'm not the only one that was once in that position.

A company credit card, in your name, paid by the company regularly, with submitted receipts for verification, should not be a problem. IF there are personal charges, unappropriate charges, well guess who's name is on the card, and guess who pays.

Same with the company cell phone. It is there for you to find work, call customers, and NOT for your personal use. Same deal, when the bill comes in, guess who had the phone for that tour? And guess who pays?

Want to make sure? Hold back the first tour $$'s and see how fast it fixes itself.

I can do any thing I want with the helicopter while on tour, but heaven forbid, don't trust me with a 2, 3, or 5 thousand dollar limit credit card.

I guess it shows how much faith they have in you...

For me, ten years and no problems or questions about either. Guess I have earned the right to be trusted.