Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Cep's

Guest Aggroeitch

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest heli206212
No, just a regular molded ear plug with the cep set into it. Works great and way quieter then using the foam plug.

Hey mini chopper,

could you tell us where you got them from and who you spoke with specifically?? Maybe some contact info, web-site etc...

thanks ahead of time,

• 2 weeks later...
I bought myself the Gallet not to long ago, and had it installed with the Cep's.

I find the Gallet is so comfortable and so good on noise reduction that I havent had much use of them yet.

The only thing I find that might be negative is that you have to leanr how to put them in, than get your helmet on without pulling them out due to the cords.. But this might be different on other helmets.

The gallet is really tight so its harder..

hello,

I've a Gallet LH250 since 6months and I'm student at Hillsboro Aviation.

I really like my helmet, and I agree concerning the good noise reduction.

But I'm looking to install the Cep's.

Do you know if I can do it alone ? We have an Avionics Center at school, maybe they can do it ??

When do you put the plugs in your ears, where can you let your helmet ? On your knees ?

Is the cable enough long ?

Thanks

Pierre

Hi Pierre;

You put the CEP earplugs into your ears as any earplug, they have a wire with a connection on it which hangs down under your chin or so. You then put the helmut on normally and then take the wire connector and plug in into a receptacle on the outside of your helmut aft of your right ear. You do it a few times is no problem.

If you can drill a hole and do a simple solder joint then you can install it yourself, but if there are avionics dudes about they will probably do it for you for a case of beer.

sc

Hi Pierre;

You put the CEP earplugs into your ears as any earplug, they have a wire with a connection on it which hangs down under your chin or so. You then put the helmut on normally and then take the wire connector and plug in into a receptacle on the outside of your helmut aft of your right ear. You do it a few times is no problem.

If you can drill a hole and do a simple solder joint then you can install it yourself, but if there are avionics dudes about they will probably do it for you for a case of beer.

sc

Hi SC,

So,concerning the connection, you plug the CEP on a receptacle on the aft of the helmet, and then you plug the helmet on the helicopter.

In all cases, you always use the same initial helmet's earphones.

You just have 2 possibilities to listen to the radios communications : CEP'earphones or helmet's earphones)

If the CEP is plugged, you only use the earphones from CEP.

If you forget the CEP, you just use the helmet's earphones (which are inoperative if CEP is plugged).

Is it correct ?

On the Web site : http://www.anr-headsets.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi we have the possibility between three differents kits :

- CEP Kit, Helmet or Headset

- CEP Kit, Navy, Fixed Wing

- CEP Kit, Navy, Rotary Wing

Wich one is correct ??

Thanks

Pierre

Pierre;

You have the install procedure right although when the CEP is plugged in I do beleive the helmut speakers are still active. It is very clear with CEP plugged in there is no mistake about it.

As for as which one to order, I checked the website and would think if you have a civvy helmut then order the one

CEP Helmut or headset non military would be my guess, perhaps give em a call.

good luck;

Paul

Pierre;

You have the install procedure right although when the CEP is plugged in I do beleive the helmut speakers are still active. It is very clear with CEP plugged in there is no mistake about it.

As for as which one to order, I checked the website and would think if you have a civvy helmut then order the one

CEP Helmut or headset non military would be my guess, perhaps give em a call.

good luck;

Paul

Hi Paul;

Last question : on my helmet, I can adjust the volume of the earphone. Will I have the same opportunity with the CEP, because it's connected on the same wire ??

I send an email to the store, which confirm that I ordered the right item !!

Thanks

Pierre

Pierre;

I believe that if you hook up the CEP properly which means downstream of volume then the volume will still work as before(if you have an dual control audio panel it is not really required as you are setting your own preferences but some light machines do not have the luxury)

This actually brings up a point of setting volume for your customers as they may not be able to hear the radios as before so ensure they understand how the audio panel works or at least get them to tell you if they can or cannot hear the radios.

good luck

paul

Hi Paul;

Last question : on my helmet, I can adjust the volume of the earphone. Will I have the same opportunity with the CEP, because it's connected on the same wire ??

I send an email to the store, which confirm that I ordered the right item !!

Thanks

Pierre

Hi Paul,

I receveived this morning the CEP kit, and install it this afternoon into my CGF GALLET LH250 with a guy (avionics) from my school.

I will try tomorrow in real condition with a flight in R22.

Thank you for your help !!

Best Regards

Pierre

Pierre;

I believe that if you hook up the CEP properly which means downstream of volume then the volume will still work as before(if you have an dual control audio panel it is not really required as you are setting your own preferences but some light machines do not have the luxury)

This actually brings up a point of setting volume for your customers as they may not be able to hear the radios as before so ensure they understand how the audio panel works or at least get them to tell you if they can or cannot hear the radios.

good luck

paul