Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Military Time Towards An Ame License

Puddle Jumper

Hey Guys

I am a civy working for IMP Aerospace on the Cormorant Helicopter. I was wondering how to go about logging tasks and time towards a license. I have contacted Transport with little help...they tell me to log the tasks and get them signed for the person signing for the work, as for skill or tasks get my immediate supervisor to sign the logbook. Wondering if anyone else is in my shoes....how they are going about logging tasks and what road blocks they are up against. Other issue is are you using a transport type logbook.

Thanks for the help.

PJ

Guest graunch1

Go to CAMC , the Canadian Aviation Maintenence Council and get their logbook. It has all the necessay tasks that TC wants. There are different books depending on if you are working towards an AME M or E or S.

Check with your boss to see who will sign out the tasks. Ther problem you will run into is that the Cormorant is not a civilian-registered aircraft, so make sure that the local friends at TC will buy off on tasks performed on a militayr a/c. This I think will be your major roadblock..

Good Luck

Check with your boss to see who will sign out the tasks. Ther problem you will run into is that the Cormorant is not a civilian-registered aircraft, so make sure that the local friends at TC will buy off on tasks performed on a militayr a/c. This I think will be your major roadblock..

Good Luck

Time and tasks will count at least up to 42 months and 90%. The last 6 months and 10% will most likely (unless TC squeaks you by) have to be on civy registered A/C. PM if you want to know more. Hazeus

• 2 weeks later...

Your DER would be a good starting point for your task. Like the guys say, get yourself a log book, or task sheet, and if there is something in your DER that matches your half way there. After your done, the DSM should be able to ceritify it. The DER is pretty intense so these task alone should take you far, but you will need the 6 months civil time to get your licence.

• 14 years later...