Jump to content

Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firehawk - If you want to fly a helicopter you need a helicopter licence and if you want to fly a bug smasher then you need a bugsmasher licence :D:D:D


Seriously I would just about guarantee that you will need to change over to an Aussie licence of whatever type you have. The only exceptions are like McDermotts 214Bs that are still on the US register, those guys flying them have to have a US licence.


If you want me to find out more info then email me details of what licences you have and what you are trying to do there.


Heli Ops

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What are you thinking of FireHawk?

Got that fire-bug and wanna fight flames for 2 seasons a year? The snow-bunnies at Mica will miss you......

If it's sheep that you're after, better to go to NZ :D


Hollywood is on his way to Whitehorse this AM to drink with the TNTA boys for 2 weeks, but got drunk and took a turn for a blonde AC stew (oops, Flight Attendant) and missed his connection in YVR. We should read about his trip in the Saturday edition of the Vancouver Sun ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites


that would be great if you have some info, A buddy of mine just went down there for a month to work and I didnt have time to ask him if he had to get a different licence.



Sounds like Hollywood hasnt changed much. Women and Booze.

I will be staying where Iam for awhile, Iam just in the middle of getting my U.S licence. The lodge honeys will have to put up with me for another season in Mica.


As fas as NZ goes Cylic Monkey has been down there for abit now so I think he's claimed a dozen or so Sheep.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Been there, done that. You need to convert your Cdn license to an Aussie one (CASA). Same as here, you'll need to get an Aussie cat 1 medical, you'll have to do a written exam (which costs 50AUD) on air law, (open book, but the books weigh in at around 40 lbs and cost around 150AUD if I remember correctly, and it ain't easy !!), you will also have to do a flight test. All the above is assuming that Aus Immigration gives you a work permit.



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...