Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Australia

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really sounds like there is a lot of flying going on in OZ so when I get there on the 6th of Dec. I will look around and see if there are any people I know down there. I wish I could miss the hole winter, but Kelowna is not a bad place to be in the winter.

Heli-Ops are you going to be in OZ in Dec?

Cheers Ken B)

204B Driver - Might get over there if the fires get going. I have great relationship with the RFS people in NSW and get to jump on their air attack ships all the time and dont really know many of those in Victoria but will see what happens.

By the way who actually owns the 205 and who has the contract down there.

Heli Ops

That 205 is painted the same colours as the ones I used to fly at "Viking Helicopters Ltd".  Sold one to California Fire department and the other to "Air Alma" in Alma, Que.  Any idea on the history.

Cheers Don McDougall

Don,

The 205 is ex California, very nice condition, and only 10,000 hrs on it. Obviously well looked after in a previous life!

Ken,

Kelowna's a lovely place in the winter, wish I could get back for a bit of decent skiing at Big White ;) You're lucky to have Dave W., great boss, even if he is an ex K1W1 :rolleyes:

Ned,

Contract is Helicorp's, aircraft is owned by Venture.

Two Super Pumas in the shed for Bass Strait contract until next year.

Power is nice and speedy (150kias cruise), lot different to the old A's & C, but still got poxy payload :( Full EFIS & FADEC is also terribly twee, but the radar is an overkill ;)