Australia

:o :up: :shock: :up: oh my gawd....I stared at it like a starving man at a steak dinner.....

have a look at the panel I fly with at 40 feet over the churning ocean at night to dip my sonar and chase submarines....don't bother looking for any autopilot, HSI or even a standard T...there isn't any......

Beautiful machine, thanks for sharing heli :up: :up:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

407 driver,

It is a top secret mission and I have been the chosen one, It will be our new monashees private group machine, You know at one time the 47 was a great ski machine and it will be replacing our 407 this year :shock:

1 GUIDE, 1 GUEST. 2 TRIPS, Should take all day to do 3 runs.

Your recurrent training will be done also on it Im told, Class D external load training with Parks. ;) .

Vortex Ring,

Been there, done that, got the T shirt B) In a previous life, ASW Sea Kings for Aunty Betty when they were new and shiny, and I was young enough to think that Ripple 3 for two weeks was challenging with 150 yards vis in fog, at night :rolleyes:

mawddawg, are you referring to "Turbo" or Turbine....big difference.

Most of the later Bell 47's had a turbo, or more correctly a Turbocharger, that exhaust driven boost system with a pesky milli-second lag.

A choice few Bell 47's were fitted with the Soloy Allison C-20 Turbine, great lifter, short range, but still as slow as a ............. !

I personally don't know of any out there. I have seen a few Soloy Turbine powered Hiller 12E(T)'s still around though.