Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Australia

Heli - Makes a change there from Davids old C model.

Looks like Essendon is a hive of activity at the moment. By the way where is the 205 going to be based, Devonport end or Hobart.

Dunno where the 205 will be based, maybe in the middle, Launceston? I'll ask tomorrow.

Re LUI, no longer available for sling/bucket work, owner's son took command decision to remove the hook. Good idea, totally wrecked a fine machine :down:

Currently at YMEN: two 109E's (FOX 2 arrived last week, Power Elite), one 109C, two police 365N2's, one police AS350, backup Police 365C2, two Super Pumas, two 205's, one BK117-B2+, four B206BIII's, one LongRanger, one R44, one Gazelle, and a Hughes 500 under rebuild. Fixed wing in there somewhere, but running up and down runways to take off has limited potential :P

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont forget the Crane that should be there soon. Sounds like a great bunch of machinery. ****, imagine trying to do a formation photo shoot with all then. Would be a great sight.

I remember when I shot a Crane and Lloyds 212 in formation down between the buildings in Melbourne, that was a fun trip. John Eacott put up the camera ship and he got me into some truly brillant positions to shoot the Crane and 212.

Heli Ops

P.S. Glad they took the hook off the 109. I got some pics of it bucketing in the heat near Richmond couple of seasons ago and I could have pissed in the bucket and filled it up. Just didnt look right.

P.S. Glad they took the hook off the 109. I got some pics of it bucketing in the heat near Richmond couple of seasons ago and I could have pissed in the bucket and filled it up. Just didnt look right.

Probably sending the Monsoon bucket for repair to the workshop at the concrete batching plant didn't help. The checkerplate welded into the base probably helped it sink upright, but :rolleyes: :shock:

Firehawk,

"It makes a guy remember when he was there and how long and hard of a road it was for most starting out, One thing though in my eyes I could pick out the ones that wouldnt go far in the industry, the cocky know it all, "I'll get a job as soon as I'm done types". There was a few students that really impressed me with there knowledge and understanding of everything."

man, it's like you're reading my mind. that is so true. we have a couple of real keen kids and then you get one or two of the "other" ones. hey, all we can do is teach and try to guide but the rest is totally up to them. big wake up call coming i guess. :o

coffee is always on. that goes for the rest of you out there too eh? :up:

Guest bag swinnger

Hey 412 in my travels I have also met some cocky students and in following their journies it is interesting to note that a few of them ended up finding work have since balled up a machine and are now in their next choice of careers. Hmm I wonder if there is a pattern here. :o