Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Nigeria Info

I have a friend working at 'the Borg', who is leaving for Nigeria in a few weeks.

Now, Nigeria doesn't come across to me as the most enticing place in the world, but most of what I know about the place is based on what I see in the mainstream media.

Any of the fine folks on this site have first hand knowledge of the place, and what it's like?

Experiences good, bad, indifferent?

Please share.

I have a friend working at 'the Borg', who is leaving for Nigeria in a few weeks.

Now, Nigeria doesn't come across to me as the most enticing place in the world, but most of what I know about the place is based on what I see in the mainstream media.

Any of the fine folks on this site have first hand knowledge of the place, and what it's like?

Experiences good, bad, indifferent?

Please share.

It's a tough spot but the pay is good. Lockdown at night. Travel with armed guards. Some people seem to love it though.

They dont have enough money to get me to go but then I've had my share over the years and think I should have some.....shall we say.... more salubrious postings at this stage in my career.

Heres a thread from PPRUNE that has a fair bit to say.

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.ph...176&page=95