Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Gary Fisher - Rip

Gary Fredrick Robert Fisher

FISHER _ Gary Fredrick Robert 1952 - 2007 Gary suddenly went to be with Jesus on Sunday July 15, 2007 at 55 years old. Gary was predeceased by his father George Alfred Fisher. Left behind to celebrate Gary's life is his beloved wife of 31 years Karen, his loving children Lindsay, Ashley and Shaun, his adorable grandchildren Tia and Kayla. Mother Marie Chasson, mother-in-law Gertrude Krause, many, many extended family and friends. He was a joyful good hearted man full of life with ambitious plans for the future dedicated to his family and his God. Gary was a Helicopter Maintenance Engineer a career that took him around the world and connected him professionally and personally to many interesting people of whom many are friends to this day. Gary will be greatly missed by all. Public visitation is 11:00am, Burial to follow at 12:00 pm., Celebration of his life is 1:00pm, and all located at South Abbotsford Mennonite Brethren Church, 32424 Huntington Rd., Abbotsford, B. C.

One of the great story tellers in the helicopter business.

Good knowing you Gary.

RIP

I had the pleasure of working with Gary the last couple of months and i'll be hard pressd to meet a nicer guy. And like the first post stated he always had the most amazing stories and knew how to tell them perfectly. He will be greatly missed for a long time to come around our hangar.

Gary and I had been friends for many, many years and I can say without any doubt that working with him or having him work on any medium I flew was truly a pleasure. One of the "Class Acts" that this industry will miss whether it knows it or not.