Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Electric Grease Guns , Pro's/cons

#3 inverter

:punk: Is it worth trying out the electric grease gun or not.

I've heard good and bad ie; short batt life only one tube per batt .

How about affecting exctuder seals ?

Any input is helpfull

cheers to the mighty mosquito

bzzzzz

I've got a Lincon with High/ Low Been using for 2 seasons and have not blown a seal yet. {set on high vol. low press.] Batt. lasts a long time 4-6 tubes at least. It's somthing else to carry but I don't leave mine at home...

I've got a Lincon with High/ Low Been using for 2 seasons and have not blown a seal yet. {set on high vol. low press.] Batt. lasts a long time 4-6 tubes at least. It's somthing else to carry but I don't leave mine at home...

I concur.... Best **** idea in greasing history. I was chidded by my crew-mates when they first saw me using it, but one by one, they all asked to borrow it. I would recommend getting an extra battery and I'm working on a shoulder-sling because the **** thing is a but heavy. But it sure makes short work of M/R grip lubrication. It works well on scissor-hub and swashplate too. For the rest of the grease fittings, the regular greaseguns are more than adequate.

My only complaint was it is sometimes tricky to prime when you change tubes, but with a bit of practice, it usually goes without a hitch.

The best thing about the battery powered grease gun is it makes greasing a medium much less of a chore,, and therefore more likely that you will do it as often as you're supposed to, ie: after it rains, every 50 hours, or as conditions warrant. It pumps a tube-and-a-half into a grip pretty **** fast.