Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Flight Simulator

Way ahead of you bud, lol, I've already bought 'From the Ground Up' and I've also bought 'Professional Helicopter Pilot Studies' by Phil Croucher. I plan on memorzing the 2 books before I go.

And I'm no '****' so I'm good! haha

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way ahead of you bud, lol, I've already bought 'From the Ground Up' and I've also bought 'Professional Helicopter Pilot Studies' by Phil Croucher. I plan on memorzing the 2 books before I go.

And I'm no '****' so I'm good! haha

Both great books and you're not a ****! Off to a great start :punk:

Plus I already have a few hundred hours on Flight Sim. I've impressed the instructors when I went for my intro flights. Which made me happy. I'm sure some of what they were saying was just to get my $70,000 however I felt that I did good. Meaning that I was actually flying it steady when he let go of the controls. I was up for hours that night!

Plus I already have a few hundred hours on Flight Sim. I've impressed the instructors when I went for my intro flights. Which made me happy. I'm sure some of what they were saying was just to get my $70,000 however I felt that I did good. Meaning that I was actually flying it steady when he let go of the controls. I was up for hours that night!

Ya I would always be leary of anything they're saying just incase they're making business decision commentary rather than geniune discourse. You controlled it well is really all that matters though! $70,000? Are you planning on all turbine? All the good schools out in BC are around $45-55g with/without a turbine endorsement from what I've seen (Canadian Helicopters excluded).

Glad to hear that you are so far Helifly. At the stage you are now reading will do more good than Flightsim (not toning down Flight Simulator but just telling you fact). It is good that you have put your head in the books and really started learning. For most people I talk to, the book work is initially more difficult and learn than flying! Your on the ball. Stay at it.

Thank, HeliMAN - Much appreciated and will do! I'm doin both flight sim and reading equally. Except lately I've been busy at work so I've toned both down.

I definetly believe the theory part of it all is going to be difficult. The reason I'm reading up on it now is because I'm not the smartest when it comes to math or physics. So I'm hoping if I can get my head around it earlier on that I should progress through flight school easier and perhaps concentrate on the more crucial things (not that theory isn't).

My next step is to hopefully get into a company or flight school and help out part time. To get my foot in the door sort of speak.

• 2 weeks later...

I checked out some of the othe videos they had on youtube. Did you see the one with the autopilot take off. The wheels smoke when they lift off - like it was landing - and then over rotates to the point of stall, then tumbles off the end of the runway.

It's got great graphics but it still has some big bugs... :down:

RH1