Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

What's That Smell?

Maybe your right. Perhaps I should loosen the grip. Still, the idea of sucking back someone else's fecal matter, airborne or otherwise just doesn't have a lot of appeal to me.

gc

LOL. Don't get me wrong - farts are gross and smelling some guy's farts is something to be avoided. This is unfortunately the crux of the joke itself. To fart on some poor ******* when he can't avoid it (cockpit, baggage compartment, in an office or elevator....). If you have a serial farter on a multi-day job....stronger measures may be necessary. :unsure:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who thinks that passengers intentionally vomit in a helicopter as a joke thinks very strangely indeed. If you think it has nothing to do with the way the pilot flies, you are mistaken. Although it is impossible to fly with no accelerations (turning is an acceleration) the pilot should do everything he can to minimize them. This means no tight turns, rapid climbs or descents or abrupt manouvers of any kind. Ask your passengers before the flight if anyone is prone to motion sickness. Advise them to keep their eyes on the horizon and keep the passenger compartment as cool and supplied with fresh air to the greatest possible extent. The comfort of passengers should be one of the pilot's primary concerns.

Sometimes the decreased air pressure at higher altitudes creates sufficient pressure differential between the ambient air and internal body pressure to promote flatulence.

I'm guessin' that the same thing happens to your guts as what happens to an empty fuel drum once you take off and gain some alt. The pressure change makes the drum ends "bong", and no matter how many times I hear that I still jump whenever it happens.

At least the noise from the drums doesn't stink...

Anyone who thinks that passengers intentionally vomit in a helicopter as a joke thinks very strangely indeed. If you think it has nothing to do with the way the pilot flies, you are mistaken. Although it is impossible to fly with no accelerations (turning is an acceleration) the pilot should do everything he can to minimize them. This means no tight turns, rapid climbs or descents or abrupt manouvers of any kind. Ask your passengers before the flight if anyone is prone to motion sickness. Advise them to keep their eyes on the horizon and keep the passenger compartment as cool and supplied with fresh air to the greatest possible extent. The comfort of passengers should be one of the pilot's primary concerns.

Sometimes the decreased air pressure at higher altitudes creates sufficient pressure differential between the ambient air and internal body pressure to promote flatulence.

Uh Jonh, I think you might want to re-read my post. No mention of vomitting is made. I am talking about some overgrown Euro with a smile from ear to ear dropping a rather rude and very intentional gas bomb in his ski pants.

For the record, I am a very considerate pilot who makes every effort to fly in as smooth a manner as possible at all times. I have often been heard saying to customers, if I am doing my job properly they should be able to forget that they are even in a heli due to smooth ride.

Man, people sure make some HUGE assumptions on this forum. I mean how did we go from how to stop intentional farting in your helicopter to "you must be a Hot-dogger with no skills and no thought for the passengers comfort if you are making your passengers sick"

?????????

gc

John Moore

I believe go coastal was refering only to farts and not vomit. The description of "drop their guts" is slightly missleading so I understand.

I also believe that you read posts on here and immediately seek out 'pilot errors' in how you read the story/post. Agreed, one should not fly as to intentionally make a passenger ill, but one should also give someone the benefit of the doubt before jumping to point out 'errors' or 'irresponsible behaviour'.

We can all get along.

Murdoch

Oh and I should probably ad that farting gives me the giggles just about every time. It will be a sad sad day when I no longer laugh at the sound of a ketchup or mustard squeeze bottle that's almost empty.

go coastal: If it's the same person everytime - agreed, this is not funny after maybe the third time. If they work with you, get them back.

If they're a customer.... uh, I dunno, probably not.

Another engineer fart story from a couple years back.

Apprentice engineer working with full face fresh air mask.....BOMB dropped in the intake of the pump outside. It's amazing how much air is pumped through those masks. It was almost an instant reaction. There were about 4-5 onlookers that were pissing themselves laughing with tears streaming down their cheeks.

.....Avoid painting/paint stripping at all costs!!!

Since we're going down THAT road...

How about an un-named engineer, sitting in the left seat of a medium, who has to pass gas in the worst way. The worst way is to button up the top of the coveralls, stick the left hand through the cutout in the logging window for ram-air effect, and point the right arm (the "outlet") at the pilot. Let rip and watch the air turn blue.

Well,

An abrupt change in altitude can cause a greater incidence of flatulance, the worst ever flatulance I have evere experieced was when flying for Helijet and this little chinese dude let one go and almost forced passengers and crew into a bre-X type maneuver. :shock:

Farting can have beneficial effects especially when it comes to dealing with forest fires. :punk: firesquirell.wmv or Click below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiPXa4dMPxw

or

John

Ha Ha love it....... :up: goes back to the old joke, Why do farts smell? So deaf people can enjoy them too.......

Man, people sure make some HUGE assumptions on this forum. I mean how did we go from how to stop intentional farting in your helicopter to "you must be a Hot-dogger with no skills and no thought for the passengers comfort if you are making your passengers sick"

?????????

gc

Too funny. Man, pilots are cutthroat! Like it's your fault you got farted on.... :lol: Don't like people farting in the cockpit? Learn to fly better! Priceless. :rolleyes: