Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Chl Pay

Just noticed on CHLs' site that pilot opening pay scale says "In accordance with CHL pay scale"

But for the Engineers it now says, "according to experience." It used to say "In accordance with CHL pay scale"

Sooo--The question is this. Is CHL trying to cut back on Engineers pay or are they finally recognizing that you have to pay more that peanuts if you don't want monkeys. Does this mean CHL has done away with the Engineers pay scale? Do they now negotiate their own flight pay? I can see the clusterf-ck coming when Engineer "X" finds out he is making less than Engineer "Y" for the same qualifications, licences, and experience.

Pay has always been based on experience, placing you into the various levels of pay. CHL isn't going to pay a newly licenced guy the same as a guy with 20 years of 212 time. There are no back door deals, it is all based on the present pay scales.

Cheers

Then why did they bother to change their website wording from "Based on CHL payscale" to "Based on experience?" I can see your point of low-time vs. high-time people, but it looks to me like you can negotiate your own deal depending on your experience.

I think pay scales are bullshit.

You should be paid what you're worth. If you want more $ make yourself worth it.

Union-type ladders piss me off.

What's the motivation to try harder, or be better, than the guy working next to you with the same credentials?

I have always felt every individual should rise up though the ranks according to the effort THEY put in, not some BS ladder set on criteria from some HR type in a lame attempt not to offend any co-workers and maintain corperate "harmony".

end rant :blink:

Not everyone possesses your eloquence in describing your obvious superiority over your co-workers to substantiate your exceptional pay. Should those that do not possess your language skills and forthright personality be punished for the lack or should they be appropriately remunerated for the work skills for which they were hired?

In most companies people's saleries are not public knowledge, so how do you know what you are worth to even begin you nogotiations. Plus let us take for example an employee whom has worked for the company for years and thinks their pay in inline and without a pay scale some super pilot comes along and the boss pays him 1000 month more than you....hhmmm.

Perhaps a pay scale is not the answer but it is an attempt to have a method which you can gauge your pay progress with experience.

sc

I think pay scales are bullshit.

You should be paid what you're worth. If you want more $ make yourself worth it.

Union-type ladders piss me off.

What's the motivation to try harder, or be better, than the guy working next to you with the same credentials?

I have always felt every individual should rise up though the ranks according to the effort THEY put in, not some BS ladder set on criteria from some HR type in a lame attempt not to offend any co-workers and maintain corperate "harmony".

end rant :blink: