B2 Autorev Check

Max Continuous

Not sure why anyone would bother with being too lazy to do it the right way.

You would want to know that you're in the ballpark before you get altitude and roll the throttle back.

As I mentioned previously, you also need to plot the actual rpm on the graph from the test flight.

And stop calling me names, Bubb...... :P

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You would want to know that you're in the ballpark before you get altitude and roll the throttle back.

As I mentioned previously, you also need to plot the actual rpm on the graph from the test flight.

and rolling the throttle back in a B2 is in the books, right?

First I got Max all angry (Hi Phil! :) ) and now you! (Guess I should have left the word "lazy" out of it.) I would never call you names Ray. :D Where the **** were you when I brought donuts in the other day? Some BS about an engine change...didn't sound very important.

ps- I get that the ground check might come in handy on initial setup or if you suspect an issue but if you've been flying the thing for a bit...well, just do it with the power check. Maybe I'm wrong (it happens) but I didn't think there was anything in the flight manual about doing your autorev check on the ground. If your machine is rigged correctly there shouldn't be much of an issue with checking your autorevs in the air. Maybe I'll quit while I'm ahead... :unsure:

Hey No worries and hello yourself. (J.R.)

I've never picked up a ship from the factory before and just wanted to make sure I had all my ducks in a row for the acceptance.

Last time I did an A/C acceptance flight it was with K.O and I don't want to scare the Bejesus out of the poor factory pilot!! :lol:

Looking forward to it but have some training to do on the glass cockpit and Garmin 430.

Max

Hey No worries and hello yourself. (J.R.)

I've never picked up a ship from the factory before and just wanted to make sure I had all my ducks in a row for the acceptance.

Last time I did an A/C acceptance flight it was with K.O and I don't want to scare the Bejesus out of the poor factory pilot!! :lol:

Looking forward to it but have some training to do on the glass cockpit and Garmin 430.

Max

:) I should have written my comment a little better. Makes quite a bit of sense with the acceptance flight. Better to get a heads up on the ground if something is off. (I would never call you lazy...maybe Ray though. ;) ) Glass cockpit for HHL? That blows right through the company technology curve a little! What no Trimble Approach 2000? :lol:

Makes quite a bit of sense with the acceptance flight.

Make a bit more sense to do it every day, the most dangerous aircraft have flown were being flown and worked on by the previous crew being ostriches to the aircraft 's dangerous setup. After doing a rush trip off a base I checked the autorevs on a jetranger,,,it simply would not autorotate(Q was about 37% on ground my first clue), after landing i politely brought it up that an adjustment had to be made only to be told "there's a chart for that you know" ..well long story short he adjusted the rpm first as the rpm was unchartable. Who was lazy here?

A rule of thumb is not something written in a fm it is something developed by having done the auto revs check then looking at the gauges once on ground. Being lazy is far from the point, it is more about being deligent and interested in the aircraft.

sc

Here is some of the information in the FM that I have found pertaining to this topic. Sure wouldn't want to do a training auto procedure without previous knowledge that my auto revs were going to be okay. If they weren't you would want to be trying to restart the a/c pretty fast. This information also clearifies the idea of pulling the throttle back to idle? in an Astar!

cheers

Here is some of the information in the FM that I have found pertaining to this topic. Sure wouldn't want to do a training auto procedure without previous knowledge that my auto revs were going to be okay. If they weren't you would want to be trying to restart the a/c pretty fast. This information also clearifies the idea of pulling the throttle back to idle? in an Astar!

cheers

I think you've missed something out...............