Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

B2 Autorev Check

Max Continuous

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry about that. It seems that I can't upload a word document. In the Emergencies section of the Fm, section 3 2.4, look under the Autorotation landing procedure for training. Training purposes require the throttle to be brought back to the closed postion since there is no idle stop or position in the Astar. In order to practice and Auto, you have to actually do one. Unlike in Bells you don't roll the throttle back to idle speed.

Secondly, check out the Service section 8, 8.3 page 20 in the FM. It gives the procedure and a chart for determining the Low pitch stop position. THe procedure is to fly to an altitude of 5000' or less and perform autorotation(65kts) with collective against low pitch stop. It specifically notes NOT to pull back the fuel flow control lever. Max nr is 430 rpm and page 21 gives a chart to compare RPM, altitude and temp. Hope this helps Sorry I couldn't paste the actual pages. And again, correct me if I am wrong or misguided. :)

steven

Hey No worries and hello yourself. (J.R.)

I've never picked up a ship from the factory before and just wanted to make sure I had all my ducks in a row for the acceptance.

Last time I did an A/C acceptance flight it was with K.O and I don't want to scare the Bejesus out of the poor factory pilot!! :lol:

Looking forward to it but have some training to do on the glass cockpit and Garmin 430.

Max

Hey whitey.....................freakin boohoo, anyways!

• 3 weeks later...
Hey No worries and hello yourself. (J.R.)

I've never picked up a ship from the factory before and just wanted to make sure I had all my ducks in a row for the acceptance.

Last time I did an A/C acceptance flight it was with K.O and I don't want to scare the Bejesus out of the poor factory pilot!! :lol:

Looking forward to it but have some training to do on the glass cockpit and Garmin 430.

Max

430 and the glass cockpit...took two days to work out the differences and now..gezzz..how did I get along without? yer gonna love 'em.