Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Canadian Military Heli Pilots

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 1cloud
<_< Well, my take on this is simple.....an assh*le is an assh*le, wether civilian, military or private.

I've seen similar performances by "all" types...... :down:

Obviously "courtesy" is becoming a thing of the past..... :rolleyes:

with you on that one! there are all types assh*les and jerks both Civilianand Military. ran in to the Same guys returning from Alert they where a great bunch totaly professional following proceadures something most of us refuse to follow. These are the guys I want to pull my *** from the bush! as for some of the bush flying hero's out there lets hope they stay out there a bit longer. This is our Canadian Military show some pride. 10 min is not going to kill you

• 2 weeks later...

Hover pig, just to get your facts straight, the 206 pilot was never asked if there was a hurry or not, in fact the military pilots just stood with there backs to the machine 150' away. There was no verbal contact with the pilot what so ever. And a machine flying over too the pumps, landing and sitting at flight idle for ten minutes should be your first clue that there is a need to move when done fueling. Tried very hard to make eye contact but.....nope, oblivious to the running 206 waiting in line.

• 2 weeks later...
Missed this earlier....are you saying you directly overflew their aircraft?

Cheers,

AV8TOR

AV8TOR

Would "jumped the queue" be more accetable methapore? I am a former military aviator myself (FW) and I agree with HP's statements in general. It does seem however, that Canadian military RW pilots are not as familiar with commercial urgency to complete as many flights per day as possible.

• 1 month later...
AV8TOR

Would "jumped the queue" be more accetable methapore? I am a former military aviator myself (FW) and I agree with HP's statements in general. It does seem however, that Canadian military RW pilots are not as familiar with commercial urgency to complete as many flights per day as possible.

If you mean that you actually overflew the Twin Huey crew and chopper to get to the pumps (because of, as you say, "commercial urgency") then I would say that you showed poor airmanship and judgement.

It seems some folks are focused on courtesy or lack thereof, yet as a group take no issue with questionable airmanship.

I find that troubling.

AV8TOR

Keerist....this subject "still" comes to the surface <_< .........it seems as though some "feel" we differ between civillian and military!

Perhaps....but, perhaps not, we all have our "priorities" within our domain, and one does not over rule, or have precedence over the other.

If as a professional (on either side) ,you can not work around an obstacle or an inconvenience....I would suggest you make an attitude adjustment within yourself and/or change your career!? :rolleyes:

In other words......."lighten up" ! :shock:

Thanks Helilog56, the bottom line here is communications. We are all guilty of doing this poorly at one time or another. People from 'any' and all walks of life can sometimes get a little self centered and forget courtesy.

One can also approach people after an event and discuss it or clarify things so it does not repeat itself.