Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Can You Land There Legally?

Xnr

You are looking in the CFS and you come across a helipad restriction that says " Helipad restricted to helicopters that can maintain 4.5 metres above the highest obstacle within the approved approach and departure path when operated in accordance with the aircraft flight manual with one engine inoperative"

Sorry the wording may not be exact...I don't have a CFS handy.

By the way your helipad is elevated, within a builtup area and 60'x60'.

Sounds to me like they are specifying twin engine aircraft only, and with sufficient power to maintain the required profile on One Engine Inoperative. That rules out a lot of light twins, from what I heard a fully loaded BO105 or AS355 or SK76A with OEI has a descent profile remarkably similar to a 206B with OEI ;) .

The Ontario EMS gang should have the correct info on this one.

Not many types operating in Canada that could do that with any kind of worthwhile load, are there? Cougar's still got the 'cats,' I suppose, and I think VIH's Kamovs are pretty good in that regard, but that

maintain 4.5 metres above the highest obstacle within the approved approach and departure path when operated in accordance with the aircraft flight manual with one engine inoperative
is pretty darned confining (again, with any meaningful load). Maybe 'tree henjinn' not be such bad hydea hafter all, eh? :rolleyes:B)

BO105...................big red splat, you would need another half dozen 250's to make that profile. :shock:

AS355.................maybe, if you only had yourself and two ideas onboard. :unsure:

Now the AS332............the big puss would do it with two paws tied behind her back and a whole litter of kitties in her belly :up:

Sorry do not know much about the 76, sat in the seat once and couldn't see over the darn dash :blink: :down:

BTW Downwash............savin up my paper route money and cut off my 6 year olds allowance, were do ya sign.