Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Greece Fires

OTR

Any Cdn. Operators making the move for Greece?

If memory serves Canadian got burned there in the early 90's. Spent the summer on fires and ran up a bill of about ...............one million dollars.........

before the bill was paid there was an election and the new government refused to pay the bill. Unless this was settled I wouldnt expect to see CHL there.

Interestingly there is an election in the works in Greece right now.

Guest graunch1

Very scary country to work in if you want to get paid!! Did some work there in the mid-90s and the company I worked for was partnered with a Greek company. The Greeks got the money we got the bills. Lots of little "extreas" required and if the fire-fighting is like everything els there are penalties if you don't perform to a specification that usually presented after the fact. I can just see it now. " Iam sorry gentlemen but ou did not put out 150% of the fire therefore your payment is reduced by 50%, plus penalties for not putting it out- reduced another 75% and you owe us 25% or we seize your aircraft.