Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Bell 210

Guest Aggroeitch

Murdoch

1) Twinstar is correct.

2) Some were built right from the Serial Number Plate on up. I personally know of one that I have pictures of flying in Oregon with spray-booms attached. I also have pictures of the same a/c on the back of a 3 Ton stake truck a short while later, after a major crash and after it came through a compactor and is nothing but a large square of crushed metal. I also have pictures once again of the exact same 205 with the exact same Serial Number Plate on the Canadian side of the border and in prime flying condition. Oh Yes, Bell Helicopter was and is aware of said a/c and all they can do is issue a warning to all Bell Overhaul and repair shops that if they are ever caught doing anything to this same aircraft, Bell will pull their Certification to repair their aircraft.

3) Bell 212's with single hydraulics? Bell never produced such an aircraft for the civilian market yet I have pictures of such an aircraft in Canada. Canadian MoT spent many dollars paying for one of their Inspectors to to chase all around Africa for many months trying to catch this 'very rare bird' of Canadian registry and unknown ancestry, but never seemed able to 'corner' the beast because it kept moving it's base of operations. :lol: I laughed over this aircraft for a long time with a particular MoT Inspector who was a very long time friend. He said that he would love to "shoot' it, but he'd have no wall big enough to mount his 'rare' kill. :lol::lol:

4) In 1975 Air America was the largest airline in the world with over 4000 aircraft of all kinds imaginable from airliners to small F/W and R/W and that included a horde of all kinds of R/W. At that point in time the company was 'supposedly' dissolved and ceased to exist afterwards. The vast majority of their aircraft were ex-military and somehow, someway 4000 aircraft dropped off of the edge of the planet and ceased to exist anymore.....'supposedly' :shock: .

Numerous ex-Air America 205's ended up in Canada by way of Australia and an Ontario regional airline also somehow managed to acquire 12 ex-Air America Hawker-Siddley 748's that 'supposedly' didn't exist either. All these aircraft and many others were acquired with the full knowledge of the Government of Canada, MoT, Bell and other manufacturers and everyone involved knew their histories. I've personally flown Single Otters years ago that were ex-military, bought from Norway and all they had done to them was have 1000 miles of wiring pulled out of them and away they went to be flown commercially by me and others. I've also logged many an hour on a myraid of ex-military R/W 04's/05's that exist in Canada today and many members on this site have also flown the exact same aircraft. I'll allow them to identify themselves if they so desire.

I'll also leave this particular subject die at this point because we've digressed from the original subject and for that I apologize to all offended.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI

I was at Bell in Fort Worth Earlier this year and seen the one and only Bell 210 flying.

Bell was having trouble finding good military airframes to use.

One problem with the 210, it uses 210 components and parts.

Kinda a one of a kind, if you have 205's and 212's.

The Eagle single seems to be the answer.

My two cents

FUDNUF ------exactly correct sir. One doesn't have to order any 210 from Bell either. There's nothing new here at all with this story because I was logging time in -17's with a certain company on the West Coast in the mid '90's before any talk about any Bell 210. They've been followed now by + and ++ versions and all appear to be exremely happy that own one.

FUDNUF ------exactly correct sir. One doesn't have to order any 210 from Bell either. There's nothing new here at all with this story because I was logging time in -17's with a certain company on the West Coast in the mid '90's before any talk about any Bell 210. They've been followed now by + and ++ versions and all appear to be exremely happy that own one. Eagle isn't the only company doing the conversions either and many exist that they had nothing to do with. That statement is not intended to cast any criticisms towards the Eagle version either, but a statement only.

The University of Dallas, I believe has a website dedicated to all Air America aircraft. On that site, you can trace, from new, the entire history of the 12 'civillian' 204B's that bell sold to them. As Cap Stated, some are flying around in Canada. I was working on 1 of them this summer. But As was also stated by Cap, the 12 204's were indeed 204B's and not Military UH-1's. Theur service history while in S.E. Aisa include detailed repair-depot overhaul and crash damage. By readinbg between the lines a bit, it wasn't hard to determine that a "hard landing" was in fact 'shot down' The ship I was working on this summer, was, back in the mid 80's, still wearing some funny-looking 1" circular skin patches in odd places....and still had the armoured seat.

All 12 204B's were bought by an aircraft broker in N.J. in the mid 70's and subsequently sold to Greenland Air as commuter helicopters. They were quickly re-sold to many operators in Canada. TNTA had 2, Yellowhead had a couple...Great Slave, ect. The rest have been written-off or exported. I think 3 are still in active use in Canada...possibly more. The U of D website showed their histories right up until the early 90's....and last known owners here.

here is the link: http://www.utd.edu/library/collections/spe...ker/index3.html

FYI

I was at Bell in Fort Worth Earlier this year and seen the one and only Bell 210 flying.

Bell was having trouble finding good military airframes to use.

One problem with the 210, it uses 210 components and parts.

Kinda a one of a kind, if you have 205's and 212's.

The Eagle single seems to be the answer.

My two cents

Not true at all...The 210 IPC has 212 and 205 parts all the way through it. On the B205 type course this past winter an X-Eagle guy had it on CD and we checked it out. Because of that very rumour.

There were some 210 parts but few and far between. That being said I think Eagle hit the ball out of the park with the 212S.

IMO

Guest Aggroeitch

****-o,

When i started the topic few days ago, i couldn't imagine the the spam that comes along. Now i know i shouldn't even asked.... I was a fool when i thought that helicopter community could answer the specific question. I should've known better.... I really needed to get an answer to the questions that i asked in the original post (no, i'm not going to buy one myself and the company i work for has nothing to do with North America), but instead i got to read multiple lines of bullshit from the 70's and 80's. Thank you for nothing.

Arctic F. and YTS J, thanks once again for posting. All the info was much appreciated.

I was a fool when i thought that helicopter community could answer the specific question.

Well. I would think that if you cared enough to read and understand the posts, you question was probably answered. Maybe not straight out "yes" or "no" but certainly the collective knowledge here has answered "no".

If there was one being operated, someone would have said so.

So maybe it wasn't what you were looking for, clearly stated, but the rest of us are fairly certainly there isn't one.

It was stated why it was started.

It has been stated why it didn't start.

It has been stated why it probably won't.

I was a fool when...

If you thought you could take a poke at us, sorry you missed. A fool indeed...

TQN

Your dress has slipped,

....is that your final answer??

****-o,

When i started the topic few days ago, i couldn't imagine the the spam that comes along. Now i know i shouldn't even asked.... I was a fool when i thought that helicopter community could answer the specific question. I should've known better.... I really needed to get an answer to the questions that i asked in the original post (no, i'm not going to buy one myself and the company i work for has nothing to do with North America), but instead i got to read multiple lines of bullshit from the 70's and 80's. Thank you for nothing.

Obviously a lack of a sense of humour........and, as it is said...... stupid is, as stupid does :rolleyes: