Pilot Ejected Into Helicopters Blades

porter

i'm doing this strictly from memory and what i think i read somewhere...

that was the prototype for the Bell Model 30, forerunner to the B47... i believe the pilot was Bartram (Bart) Kelly and he was teaching himself to fly... much the same way Igor did.. keep the machine tethered until you reached the stage where you un-tethered it!!

any one remember the registration of the 1st 47 when it was certified?? as a hint, the promo photo showed it being hovered hands off for the camera!!!

Google Is Your Friend

The Bell 47 was the first helicopter certified for civilian use, on 8 March 1946.[1][2] It was mostly designed by Arthur M. Young, who joined Bell Helicopter in 1941. More than 5,600 were produced until 1974, including 1,200 under license in Italy, 239 in Japan, and 239 in the UK.

The Bell 47 helicopter entered U.S. military service in late 1946, in a variety of versions and designations for three decades. In the Korean War (1950-1953) it was designated the H-13 Sioux by the United States Army, a highlight of its extensive career.