Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Bell 407 "racing" At Mosport ?

updown

Did anyone see the 407 racing around the Mosport speedway last weekend? Friend of mine was there and said the pilot was flying around the course like a car. Is that allowed? Seems pretty stupid to me, but I just started my career so maybe it's OK. It was all painted in rainbow colours...could that be Niagara's 407?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did anyone see the 407 racing around the Mosport speedway last weekend? Friend of mine was there and said the pilot was flying around the course like a car. Is that allowed? Seems pretty stupid to me, but I just started my career so maybe it's OK. It was all painted in rainbow colours...could that be Niagara's 407?

Was probably allowed just fine if he was filming. As long as he had a low flying permit he could pretty much do anything he wants...I think.

Was probably allowed just fine if he was filming. As long as he had a low flying permit he could pretty much do anything he wants...I think.

NO...that was just a local CRDA/CASC weekend event. He was just being an a**hole and generally endangering peoples lives while adding to the ever growing list of people who think helicopters are dangerous and noisy and don't want them around. Well done!! Another in a long list of stupid "stunts" !! Anybody ever hear about his water skiing demonstration....pulling a skier by the skid on his TwinRanger ? So irresponsible....gives the whole industry a bad name.

You should lighten up. He probably did it because he could and it was fun. You are just upset because you'd be too "afeared" to do something cool like that. Did I ever tell you about the time I just about hit a Duece and a half on the range road in Borden with a 212. You should have seen the size of the driver's eyeballs when we met half way around the corner with me in a 45 degree bank turn at zero feet, and I mean zero feet. I'll bet he thought my blades were going to cut his truck in half. After that we went APC hunting out in the driver training area. It was a great day.