Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Tall Guy In A L4

mixmaster

Hi guys, flying south of the border and by bud is in a 206L4. He is easily over 6'6" and knees and head are hitting everything!! He wants to take out the Bell steel frame seat and just put a foam sheet on the seat pan. I have said I dont think thats a great idea as you would bend the seat pan. Any ideas from anyone about this??? any help I could get to the tall guy would be great. Thanks in advance for all the replys.

Mixmaster

Hi guys, flying south of the border and by bud is in a 206L4. He is easily over 6'6" and knees and head are hitting everything!! He wants to take out the Bell steel frame seat and just put a foam sheet on the seat pan. I have said I dont think thats a great idea as you would bend the seat pan. Any ideas from anyone about this??? any help I could get to the tall guy would be great. Thanks in advance for all the replys.

Mixmaster

Pretty sure it's a no-go to just to remove the seat frame. I'm sure the Type Certificate was approved with that frame installed not to mention that the seat "pan" itself doesn't seem like it has much crashworthiness attached to it's design. You'd need an STC or LSTC and I doubt one exists for this purpose.>>I've been wrong before though.

• 1 month later...