Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Eurocopter Greases Palms

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CTD you are forgetting the boarding step made by Eagle / Dart in port Hawksbury and NAT make the audio panel for the EC130 :<). That is probably more Cdn content in french helcopter than French content in a Bell.

Mag interesting to read who the new rep for Agusta is . When do STARS get their new ( Pt6 Engined ) bird ( just to keep on Can con thread) .

This really isn't too surprising, however the RCMP investigating "palm greasing" is a bit of a joke, how do you think that Eurocopter got into the RCMP fleet in the first place, there was actually a guy in Ontario fired over it. RH X RCMP figured the 407 deal was in the bag...so did Bell that's why they hired RH in the 1st place. You should find the deal that Eurocopter Canada gave the RCMP, so they should know what palm greasing is all about and not hard to investigate. I believe it is called "doing business", did not one of our own high powered politicans recently retired have some sort of "sliptivity" on his palms? Where's the vaseline anyways? :hide:

Guest Bullet Remington

Ohhh, this is getting good!!!

Accusation??? Arguements! Thinly veiled threats!! This is better than when the missus makes me work on my sensitive side by making me sit and watch her soaps!!

Oh and for LongRanger a slightly brusied ego?? C'mon man! I know once a cop, always a cop. This is a free forum.

I stand to be corrected here, but I don't believe that anybody has directly pointed any accusations at you.

Leave the cop thing at home, man! This is an aviation form. :P

This thread was about EC (or it's previous name?) greasing "someone" with some illegal commissions to get the BO105 deal. There was no mention of EC bribing the RCMP, Heck, even EC isn't that stupid! ?? are they??

What they seemed to do with the RCMP deal is to cut the selling price to rock bottom.

As me old pappy once said, "you get what you pay for ...."

On every proposal I have worked on a key element is whether it is a competitive proposal . If it is competitive is it essential to understand what the oposition will bid.

The price quoted will always be lower in a competitive bid process that is why it is the normal way of doing business ( except for the 412 program of course). The bids are analysed for technical compliance with the SOW and for financial elements. The winner is the one that represents the best value to the customer and is fully compliant with the technical SOW. The B3 was and is fully compliant with the technical SOW submitted by the RCMP and the price was lower , end of story. You do not need to bribe anyone to make the correct choice.

If Bell miscalculated what they needed to bid to win the competition then it is entirely their fault. To me it seems like complacency on the part of Bell was the problem . If I am not mistaken Bell strongly appealed the decision but in the end had no reasonable grounds to reverse the RCMP decision.

Bruised ego!!! :D My son, I'm too stunned to have an ego, let alone a bruised one.

The point of my post was the finger pointing. I'm not policing this forum, nor am I interested in doing so. That's RDM's job....morning RDM, nice to see you on board. Our friend Longdog identified by use of initials a person who I consider a friend. Although not perfectly clear, it appears as though he may be running on rumors and stirring a pot. I know I should have ignored the stuff but....aahhhh....one of those days I guess.

Not picking a fight 407 but there was a slight at the RCMP in the initial post. We had our fun with that though!! ;)