Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Eurocopter Greases Palms

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You didn't stir the pot with me. As for the others...look who's doing the talking

...Um actually MAG, I just counted up the posts (yea,, slow day out west waiting for weather!) and YOU have the most posts in this thread, so I guess that you were "stirred up" after all??? :D:blink:

I'm just wondering how you EC guys do the payoff thing? Do you as employees run as the "bag Men" on cash deliveries or perhaps just fill up the side bays on every new Astar sold? I imagine that $100,000 in small bills may fit in both side bays? Probably get $200,000 into a squirrel-cheek model hey? Just wondering?

Don't mind me, I'm just trying to keep stirring :D:D;)

Guest Bullet Remington

Maggie:

Man, I ran into a rep from that French company a few years ago, he was kinda skittish too. :o

Turns out that while he was workin for them, and spouting the fantastic qualities of the falling star, he was rebuilding a 206 and a 500 in his garage. Guess he was kinda worried that someone from work might find out!! :P:P

:up: :up:

Guest Bullet Remington

Mag:

I've worked on all three aircraft types both as a structure engineer and a mechanical engineer. And in this case I have to agree 407 driver. I've rebult both the 206 and the 500. (I like the 500 best). Simple construction, tougher than a bag of nails and no freakin cheap fiberglass. Easy to manufacture parts, and great factory suport, both for manufactured parts and tech support. B)

By the way, I was DOM with a Government Department at the time I talked with the EC Rep, and he informed me that the marketing opportunities for the 206 and 500 he was rebuilding were much greater than that of the company he was working for. :o:o

I afraid I had to and still agree with his position. We never did display any interest in the EC products, didn't test fly them nor buy them. By the way, I still do the ocassional rebuild for some people, and I won't touch an EC. Too much of a pain in the Tush! :(:(

I do however, encourage you to differ! :up: :up:

Guest Bullet Remington

407 Driver:

That's exactly what I said...I think?? :rolleyes:

It's not that you are necessarily wrong in anything you post, or anyother driver for that matter. It's just that...well you are just another driver. Pounding my machines on the ground, over torqueing the SOB, fatiguing the frakin lift link and the MGB mount adapter, over coning my freakin blades, slamming the pillow blocks, over spreading the freakin skids...... o.k I feel much better now! :(

Nah, you know the routine, drivers know stuff, just not as much as wrenchbenders!! :D:D

Guest Bullet Remington

Mag;

U could be correct re: the disgrunted type. I would be incline to believe it was a wise investment dicision on his part. I know he's sold both machines, because I had to re-do some of the repairs he had embodied on one.

But then agai, I haven't worked in the factory down that way and don't know exactly what the condition/s are. I hace worked with those type/s before, it's like working with a 100 pound weight on yer back. :down:

Your point concerning loyalty is noted, and I do appreciate your position. I would not expect to see it any other way! :D:D

• 2 weeks later...

December 3, 2003

HILL COY ON HELICOPTER-RORT CLAIM

By Mark Forbes

Defence Correspondent

Canberra

Defence Minister Robert Hill has avoided questions about the alleged rorting of a $5 billion tender to provide new military helicopters.

A full investigation has been ordered into claims that the bid was rigged in favour of the giant Sikorsky corporation, Senator Hill told parliament yesterday.

The investigation by the Inspector General of Defence was initiated after a senior scientist complained he was repeatedly pressured to skew the bid assessment to favour Sikorsky's Black Hawk helicopter over a rival. The claims were backed by the Defence Science and Technology Organisation (DSTO), according to aerospace magazine Flight International.

:rolleyes::wacko: :shock: :down:

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/12/...0351581341.html