Us Flight Training

helijoe

• 1 month later...
you get what you pay for.................. <_<

I;m currently down at Bristow in Florida doing my yankee IFR, and a FAA comercial conversion. MUCH cheaper then my canadian commercial training, but also a very different atmosphere. they seem to be totally geared towards airport based operations and eventual multi crew roles. some of the "normal" stuff I did durning my CDN commercial they look at me like I'm on crack when they hear about it.

I;m currently down at Bristow in Florida doing my yankee IFR, and a FAA comercial conversion. MUCH cheaper then my canadian commercial training, but also a very different atmosphere. they seem to be totally geared towards airport based operations and eventual multi crew roles. some of the "normal" stuff I did durning my CDN commercial they look at me like I'm on crack when they hear about it.

Yea, like flying above 500 feet in a helicopter...or doing a circuit with a helicopter!!! :D

Yea, like flying above 500 feet in a helicopter...or doing a circuit with a helicopter!!! :D

never ending circuts, dodging cessna's piloted by dinosaurs, and everything is strictly regulated with constant tower communication.

oh well, 3 more months down here. just have to keep smiling and nodding. I did luck out with an awesome instructor, so mellow and relaxed, explains things very clearly, real joy to learn from. I'm no super pilot, but my canadian training does make me stick out down here, glad I did it first.