Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

"straked Tail Booms"

Definitely more T/R authority on the 2x4 ,especially in the hover IGE or OGE.

But you gotta love those flight manual supplements, especially the performance sections.

How do you explain when a customer asks “What can you lift?”

The book says that in my –13 I can only pull what a –11 could pull at a given altitude & OAT. I know I’ll have Tq, N1, and EGT to spare but according to the –13 supplement, I’m not allowed to use it. Then the boss goes and tells the customer “It’ll lift 3000 lbs.” which I know is true enough but means using that left-over Tq, N1, or EGT that I’m really not supposed to use.

Between the –13 and the strakes, I know I can pull more Tq & lift more weight higher up the hill than the book says and still be within all engine limits and the external GW, but have no charts to back it up.

Wah, wah, wah…I’ll be OK now!

Right…what were we talking about?…Oh yeah, …strakes…great mod!

Let's not forget the Astar B2 has a factory strake on the right side (blades spin the other way) but it was not included on the B3.

Each different model of Astar seems to have a different strake on one or other of its tail fins. I don't know what they are all supposed to do, or why they would keep changing.

Over talke, wat are u talking about you inglish pig dog, wat iz dis "strake" you speak of, hey Dedier fetch moi mes Gauloises.

We bild dis helicoptere and we poot dis strake wherever we want to, dis is France, I cannot drink my wine and work until le souper...silly english man....

Manon ma cherie, make a note to charge dose stupide inglish more money for our great helicopteres, they are too stupide to know why Free French men make dem de way we do...crazy Anglais!