Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Kick The Tires And Light The Fires!

Cole

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry boys, I've been busy studying the last few days, I'm currently doing some supplemental courses to make myself a bit more company worthy.

On thursday I did an R-44 rating thanks to Mr. Maki. The t-bar thing is kind of intresting to get used to, but overall it was a good few hours spent doing emergencies and flying an extra day with Wendell never hurt anyone!

The job search... Due to some issues I've had since coming back to Penticton leading to a fairly serious lack of funding, I haven't been able to go on a large road trip, but that hasn't stopped the efforts what so ever.

It's funny the amount of lowtime pilots that warn you about all the negativity you will face, after tonnes of phone calls I've yet to talk to one person, be it CP or Ops Manager, in countless phone calls and some personal visits to a few companies who has said anything discouraging what so ever. I called companies I know don't hire lowtime pilots to ask all sorts of questions, and was never told they were to busy to talk to me, or given any sort of brush off.

I'm leaving for my big road trip when a course I'm taking ends and have interviews and a few checkrides lined up for that one so far, so I'm hoping I dont have to make a second road trip haha.

I forgot for a while how helpful everyone, above about 1000 hours anyway, is in this industry, thanks for all the help!

Thanks for showing such an intrest! And no, I won't tell you where I'm going haha.

Cheers,

Cole.

A lot of the negativity comes from the people that hang around the front door or coffee room. They seem to have forgotten where they came from or got their start. Any OM or CP acting negatively could be burning a future employee. Everyone has memories, and you'll always remember the pricks. So keep your head up if you meet any of these negative people.

the Duke

A lot of the negativity comes from the people that hang around the front door or coffee room. They seem to have forgotten where they came from or got their start. Any OM or CP acting negatively could be burning a future employee. Everyone has memories, and you'll always remember the pricks. So keep your head up if you meet any of these negative people.

the Duke

Exactly Dr...... theres a lot of guys i'm sure will remember all the a$$ holes they meet in this industry. But Also there are some nice guys out there who will spend 30min talking with you even though they say they can't hire you. and then theres some just too busy. i spent 4 hours waiting to talk to one CP. transport canada showed up same time as I. Next time i stoped by got a job. so just be persistent!!! keeping going back to the same companies over and over till your that lucky guy. I droped off resumes once or twice a month until one company had so many resumes they called me. try to make yourself stand out above the rest.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm litterally on the edge of my seat waiting to for the magic conversation at the moment gents, calls every day and so far it's been "call in a few days". I'm also waiting for another few interviews and a checkride.

When I know, you can bet I'll fill you in.

Cheers

Cole

• 3 weeks later...
I'm litterally on the edge of my seat waiting to for the magic conversation at the moment gents, calls every day and so far it's been "call in a few days". I'm also waiting for another few interviews and a checkride.

When I know, you can bet I'll fill you in.

Cheers

Cole

Wow amazing. I made a lot of phone calls and did 3 road trips, yet I have never had an opportunity for a checkride. I guess i'm doing something terribly wrong in my approach :unsure:

Good luck mate.