Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Kick The Tires And Light The Fires!

Cole

Hehe, that sucks man... im still waiting for news of it hitting penticton but thats okay because as it looks were not flying until after the ground school is all done so next week some time.

Still quite excited to fly and Ive got some friends coming out the weekend of the 11th just to stay a few days. Something to help pass the time no doubt. They may even be here for my first flight!

Cheers.

Cole

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Confirmed my friends are coming out, also my helmet has arrived in Penticton as of today and should make it out here when they come next weekend. Just in time for my first flight!

Also actively contacting friends and some employers to see what I have as far as resources for after I get the license.

if i was you i would really start thinking about flying and your a/c and not worrying how great my helmet looks nobody will ever remember that

do you have the same negative remarks for your kids at christmas "if i was you kids, i'd worry 'bout how much those toys cost mommy and daddy, rather than how much fun they will be!"

lighten up, he's one of the more focused ones out there. he's done his homework, he's aligned himself for success....let him enjoy a little incentive, (to make use of it)...rather than it becoming some expensive bookend.

do you have the same negative remarks for your kids at christmas "if i was you kids, i'd worry 'bout how much those toys cost mommy and daddy, rather than how much fun they will be!"

lighten up, he's one of the more focused ones out there. he's done his homework, he's aligned himself for success....let him enjoy a little incentive, (to make use of it)...rather than it becoming some expensive bookend.

my point being this is not fun and games. how many threads are on this site of of people lost, fathers that will never get to spend another xmas with there kids because of stupidity or loss of judgement. i will reiterate be focused and never take your eye off the ball

my point being this is not fun and games. how many threads are on this site of of people lost, fathers that will never get to spend another xmas with there kids because of stupidity or loss of judgement. i will reiterate be focused and never take your eye off the ball

well i won't contend with you on that statement....you're absolutely right, and in my view cole has already demonstrated good judgment by having aquired a helmet asap.

i've already met a few pilots who would repeatedly not wear theirs on some jobs out of absentmindness or couldn't be bothered to look for it. and of course there are those who just feel it isn't a cost they can justify at their present moment.

so i guess, in all reality, having, (and using), the right personal protective equipment is a part of being quite focused after all.

Focus,,,,a good word. Is young Cole focused on flying,,,I think so, probably more than most. Is he proud of his helmet, sounds like, it but yes, pride is a sin...oh well. Strange sin, most ignored one of the bunch, anyhow, think it is a translation issue myself.

My old Newt Rockney helmet took a crack on the post of 2 x 6 in lee turbulence of Swan Hills that would probably knocked me coo koo. Lots of focus then I tell you. And was it shiny, you bet, the engineer(wish I remembered his name,,nice man,,,just own a ****** commadore 64 for a brain) at Associated Helicopters who painted it Associated red endura took alot of pride in getting it right. Wear a more modern white HGU84 now but still am focused on a nice piece of kit. Having nice kit and looking after it has been a mainstay of our kind for years,,,it is part of us. Look after it Cole.

Don't want to wear it cause of policy or money, just wear it for your husband/wife/kids or Mom,,,just wear it.

Oh, yeah, what is VNE of 300 with racks at 4500' and 10'C? I looked this up after the fact, know your numbers too.

sc