M2 And E License....

bellbell

It appears that one can have an M1 & E, or M2 and E, or M1 & S or M2 and S but not M1,M2 and E or S, as taken from the TC site:

Active (valid) AME licenses: (data downloaded from AMES program)

Stats last updated: 2007-10-30 00:00:05

NCR ATL QC BC PNR (MB and SK) PNR (AB) ON Totals

M1 19 112 322 494 256 479 509 2191

M2 28 164 905 761 112 309 774 3053

E 10 95 466 392 92 207 436 1698

S 2 41 227 440 105 238 118 1171

Balloons 0 0 4 0 1 3 3 11

M1 and M2 34 419 952 1419 513 1139 1484 5960

M1 and E 0 2 2 7 0 4 7 22

M1 and S 1 7 22 60 26 35 53 204

M2 and E 1 12 25 13 1 10 23 85

M2 and S 1 3 11 11 0 5 4 35

M1, M2 and Balloons 0 1 4 1 3 4 1 14

M1, E and Balloons 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

M1, S and Balloons 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1

M2, E and Balloons 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

M2, S and Balloons 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 14445

The link is here: http://www.tc.gc.ca/CivilAviation/maintena...aarpb/stats.asp

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest graunch1

E a useless licence eh, sounds like a box changer with an ego in our midst.

Uh, get some time in sport. Without you knowing who I am, you seem to be able to make statements about me that certainly tell me something about you.

When it was issued it gave the owner nothing more than a piece of paper recognizing that they had an AME license. It did not take any rights away from the M license nor allow the E to do anything that the M could not do. It was nice to have and it allowed the M license (A or R at the time) the comfort factor in signing the aircraft out after the E person signed for their work. This was much better that when I did my first Heli instal in 1970 and the pilot signed the AI101 and the B license signed for the structural work and the A signed for work that they had no idea about.

However in today's work, TC has minimized the entire AME licensing system by putting it aside in favour of the shop approval under an AMO.

The signing out of a radio package in a 206 would have to be done under an AMO unless it was a private non-commercial aircraft. Then you would still need an AMO to sign out the Transponder encoder as that requires specialized equipment.

I have my time in thanks and I was judging you from the ignorance in your post concerning the uselessness of someone's licence. I have come across many M's who claim to be able to do avionics or structural work and turn out to be as gash as they come. All three trades have their place.

Your statement that once you obtain an M2 you lose your E seems to be incorrect as there appears to be 85 people who have just that. I think that was the topic being discussed here.

It is possible for someone to work full time as an avionics on a Global Express and have their own AMO working on M1 puddle jumpers. Having the M1 would give them no privileges on the Global but the E would. That's why your post did not make sense. Oh and of course all of this is through an AMO.

gli77,

The topic starter misrepresented his license quals in the first post. Did not mention until later that it was an M1 and M2 license. No where in your stats does it say M1/M2 and E.

Like it was said earlier, proof of experience is in documenting E tasks. I have that combination license, but I don't profess to be a wire puller. yzaH :)

gli77,

The topic starter misrepresented his license quals in the first post. Did not mention until later that it was an M1 and M2 license. No where in your stats does it say M1/M2 and E.

Like it was said earlier, proof of experience is in documenting E tasks. I have that combination license, but I don't profess to be a wire puller. yzaH :)

wish tc would make it easy for all us to figure out what the **** there talking about. we have enough going on. cars is the most tedious document ive ever come across.

So if I have an E then get an M2 and install a radio package in a 206 I am unable to sign out the package because the aircraft is under 12,500 and TC took away my E?

E a useless licence eh, sounds like a box changer with an ego in our midst.

I've heard this same discussion with the S licence and it always seems to end up some are flash and some are gash.

why not just do your job and leave the politics to those that care

What is your point AS350?

I read a forum here that did not seem right and posted to clarify if I was reading it correctly. As Hazy pointed out the original poster did have both an M1 & M2 which changes the original question.

I do not take kindly to someone belittling any trade no matter what it is. Which is the way I read graunch's post.

What is your point AS350?

I read a forum here that did not seem right and posted to clarify if I was reading it correctly. As Hazy pointed out the original poster did have both an M1 & M2 which changes the original question.

I do not take kindly to someone belittling any trade no matter what it is. Which is the way I read graunch's post.

i dont think graunch was belittling you at all.... hows anybody going to feel safe working along somebody thats more concerned with what endorsements he or her has on their lic. just keep the pilots safe and let the amo/ dom do the paperwork

Guest graunch1

GLI77

To set you straight... I am not belittling any trade much less the one that I have been involved in for the past few years......... If you do not know someone I find it interesting in how you can instantly decide who they are and what they think.

I am belittling the actual value of the license. When it came out it was already toothless as it did not give the avionics guy anything that the A license did not already have. This was part of the deal at the early 80's National Advisory Committee meetings between TC and the industry to ensure the A did not lose any priviledges.

I found that receiving an E license did not make me smarter, more efficent nor "special" as a matter of fact I went and got my M1&M2 licenses a couple years later as I found I was more employable having the "M" vs the "E".

Today under the loss of leadership at TC and the requirement to do 99% of the work under an AMO all licenses are becoming redundant. In the next couple years when TC divests itself of the license control to CAMC or the AME Associations or Fred the Baker, it will become just another useless piece of plastic and AMOs will probably be able to hire whomever they want as long as their MPM has some provision for issuing ACA authority.

FWIW I already had 23 years in the avionics industry when I got the first E license issued in Western Region back in 1986 when it came out.