Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Is 35 Too Old To Start A Career As Helicopter Pilot?

mjp

A R44, but if I can get a job without it, I may just buy an airplane. BTW, EC-130, it seems that you will arrive on the market at the right time. Things can only go better with time :)

I hope so. Have you looked at the Enstrom 480? Its a 5-place turbine in the same price range as the R-44.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am 35 and always wanted a career as a helicoter pilot, but always put it off. Is it worth the hassle? It sounds like income is low in the beginning, but is the income good for a pilot with high hours?

I am looking for a carreer change and this might be it.

What do you think?

IS IT WORTH THE HASSLE?????

S#*t BUBBA, IF YOU ARE ASKING LIKE THAT?? ASKED AND ANSWERED <_<

IF THIS ISN'T YOUR LIFE'S DESIRE, YOUR PASSION....FORGET IT!

SORRY FOR BEING BLUNT BUT THAT'S WHAT I THINK..............

Two reasons not to get an enstrom, first is when you phone up and say I have an enstrom for hire they say "what the F*^k is that. I think I would rather use the 44 because I am familiar with that one, thanx for com'in out." The other is that buying it is the cheap part, who would fix it and where do you get customer support? Good ol robbie, lots of people to work on them and lots of support. No comparison in my mind, sorry I just realized how off topic this is.

What I wrote does sound rude now that I read it, I should of added that it is a very true statment from 412nalong with a :D . That wording, "the hassel", if it is any kinda "hassel" than do somthing else, It dosen't sound like you want to do it from your heart. There are alot of people out there that say "I always wanted to do that"

To lazy to change the caps lock at least you slept in your own bed not beside a noisy generator and next door to a cocky suport Pilot(maxtorqe)must be nice.

If you want to fly go for it just do not Quit your day job until you are as lucky as 412 and sleeping in your own bed CAMP SUCKS