Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Is 35 Too Old To Start A Career As Helicopter Pilot?

mjp

I think I was having a bad day almost as bad as when 412 met in entrance of our abode we were shareing with a 12 gage because I was supposed to be in Ft nelson.Oh well I love flying wouldn't quit for anything.If you want to fly go for it or you will regret it for the rest of your life(could be a short time in dark with 412 with shot gun) but as I said don't quit your day job,I still drive Logging truck when I need toy money even after 15 years of flying

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started my training at 42. Got my first ground crew job at 42. Got my first flying job at 42. I was lucky, and also worked VERY hard. If you really, really want it, you can get it!

Didn't have a passion for aviation, just figured it'd be interesting, I'd seldom get bored, and there'd be a good view from the office. Now 49yrs old, 2500 hrs, love the work.

Lucky to have a very supportive sweetheart!!! Our beautiful daughter, now 4yrs old, wasn't part of the plan and definitely mixed things up. Much harder to be committed to the job, ie away from the family. Luckily more and more employers are realizing that happy, dedicated, skilled, long-term employees are a better investment than cranky divorcees.

Glad I waited and got all my divorcing done before starting flying!!!

Give 'er,

I think I was having a bad day almost as bad as when 412 met me in the entrance of our abode we were shareing with a 12 guage because I was supposed to be in Ft nelson.Oh well I love flying wouldn't quit for anything.If you want to fly go for it or you will regret it for the rest of your life(could be a short time in dark with 412 with shot gun) but as I said don't quit your day job,I still drive Logging truck when I need toy money even after 15 years of flying

yup...maybe that's why the wifey makes me keep them locked away now :P

nowadays i guess it's pepper spray and a ....... :boff:

:punk: :punk:

• 2 weeks later...

hey guy's i'm 45 and starting school soon,no not elementary(thought i'd beat you to the punchline) did i read the blog right that a u.s license is really not valid in canada. well that suck's, was looking forward to throwing back a few molson's @ watching a little hockey with you hoser's (go wing's!) but seriously, if my u.s license is not valid in canada could someone in the know drop a blog. much thank's ur neighbor down south.

Kinda nice to know there are a few of us old,.. new guys still chasing dreams! I am 39, a ex structural fire fighter, currently working as a medic in the "patch" in between pounding on doors hoping to land that elusive break.

I like to think that age is a plus, ...so in a word "NO"... 35 is not too old! Age is a state of mind....not a number! :punk:

Hope to be flying with you all soon!!!

hey guy's i'm 45 and starting school soon,no not elementary(thought i'd beat you to the punchline) did i read the blog right that a u.s license is really not valid in canada. well that suck's, was looking forward to throwing back a few molson's @ watching a little hockey with you hoser's (go wing's!) but seriously, if my u.s license is not valid in canada could someone in the know drop a blog. much thank's ur neighbor down south.
why would you want to come here ....lets see florida, california, some big island to the west as opposed to some camp in the middle of nowhere -40 cant even go look at the machine because the snow is 7 ft high in front of the tent door and you have to wait for rescue team to dig you out so you can go the loo. would trade places with you in a heart beat i know it doesnt sound patriotic just realistic