Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Isn't It Grand, The Demand!

Sorry, my respect always. I try to be funny and come up a clown. Still though, if Dracula owed you money I'd be pretty funny?

Yeah.

What the **** was this thread about? And you're right, cause I worked with this driller who was 51, brought a bunch of pics, he worked out of the Pas, MB, was an IFBB guy, ripped, in the prime of his life.

I look forwards to everyday in this job, life, industry, and hope it takes me to as many places as I can go without fear of safety.

In the meantime, I do make a good dollar, and no one has upset me in 4 years with a paycheck.

Just wish I could find the right woman to look after the farm. Actually, think I've found her.

No offense taken there Lineworker.

Just couldn,t figure out what Dracula had to do with anything.

One of the good things I got out of Canadian was endorsements, as350, 204, 212, and 25 hrs in Penticton being shown how to fly the rocks, oh, and they gave me a big break on the cost of the 206 when I did my night endorsement and IFR ride.

I would hope with the present demand, and lack of supply, that Canadian is giving out endorsements right,left, and centre again, and I sure hope that there are lots of you guys getting them while the demand is hot, cause obviously, they are still not paying.

Fly safe

As there are some knowledgable folk around, what is the right direction then for a guy to go and keep his life intact(not much in the way of comittment other than toys and a mortgage) in the medium world? I know that Canadian is not right for me, I like to joke about them because many friends work there and I try to poke them in the eye to set the record straight.

I want to continue to make money, but also get an endorsement on a medium and have a 100 hours of PIC to show for it before the end of the 2008 season.

If I had done most applications in longline work, flown many hours mountain time, done some heli-skiing, where would be a good landing spot. Not really interested in flying 206 as there isn't much money/fun in that.

I don't like changing employers, and don't like making phone calls or emails about work. And I work for a great company, but they don't have mediums. So I remain contract.

As there are some knowledgable folk around, what is the right direction then for a guy to go and keep his life intact(not much in the way of comittment other than toys and a mortgage) in the medium world? I know that Canadian is not right for me, I like to joke about them because many friends work there and I try to poke them in the eye to set the record straight.

I want to continue to make money, but also get an endorsement on a medium and have a 100 hours of PIC to show for it before the end of the 2008 season.

If I had done most applications in longline work, flown many hours mountain time, done some heli-skiing, where would be a good landing spot. Not really interested in flying 206 as there isn't much money/fun in that.

I don't like changing employers, and don't like making phone calls or emails about work. And I work for a great company, but they don't have mediums. So I remain contract.

you should buy or lease your own machine and wouldnt need to deal with corrupt owners and other operators out there. this industry is full of spider webs and skeletons lurking in the closet

Line worker;

It,s abit of a classic question you have there, and really, if you want some thing in this game, you have to push your comfort zone abit.

Like I said, I stuck it out with Canadian, simply because it was one stop shopping, wait long enough and your turn came up for another endorsment. But, I do know it is not for everyone.

What amazed me, was that quite often I would come across someone who hustled a little bit, and progressed onto the mediums much sooner than me, with a different company. Basically, they took a chance , pushed their comfort zone, and a smaller, more agile company moved them up.

The company that comes to my mind at the moment is Quantum, at least I think that is it,s name, up in Terrace. A couple of guys have posted on here that work for them, and there are even some pictures of there machines on here. From what I here, they are major busy, looking for crew, and have a variety of equipment, which all adds up to quick upgrades, and thats the formula you want. I think they even let you live where you want, every thing being negotable.

My advise, push your personal comfort zone abit,get out and hustle , don,t get too comfortable, unless where you are is where you wanna be.

Believe me, you will feel so much better, and the challenge of going to work for a new outfit is very refreshing, very inspiring, especially when it pays off in spades.

I have never regretted moving on to a new adventure.

Have fun!

JWRalph;

Yeah, pushed out of the game by a crook back, but, when life gives you lemons, you make lemon aid.

You have hit the nail on the head with this thing about upgrading oneself.

A somewhat cheezy, but true jingle that was once told to me was, people seldom plan to fail, they just fail to plan.

I have always kept that saying in the back of my mind, and sometimes to the amusement of others, I have always tried to have a life plan, whithin reason of course.

Part of that life plan was to push myself to continously upgrade, even at my own expense if need be, and embrace the adventure.

I have had a ton of fun, seen more of this world than most, and now, yeah, my investments allow me to bow out comfortably. Your talking the right talk,and,now we just have to convert those coming up behind us that it is a never ending process of upgrading.

Hey a friend of mine is flying for Chris Verbiski out east on his Koala, and was having a grand time in the spring, good ops gear, beautiful ship and lots of hours promised.

Think CV will try to get larger? (he'll do whatever suits him I imagine) I understand he's started flying himself, got a lot of ambition! The guy I know flying is an engineer as well, so I would bet that they have a lot of growing to do with regards to staff and infrastructure. Anyone hear word of how they are doing, or how their summer went?

I haven't heard a peep since April.