Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Rupert's Land, Mr. T Or All Terrain Runner?

freakadapter

If you've flow for most seismic companies, you probably ran into either of the bag runners. I was just wondering what you guys feel are the pros and cons of them. I've also heard of another runner that Conquest uses, but never personally ran into it. I've never had any big problems with any of them but, the All Terrain can be finnicky sometimes.

I've used most of them and prefer the Rupert's Land, They all have different qualities but the Rupert's land seems to be the easiest to use in deep snow , slopes under trees! and it also works well for lay out. The ATR was a bit of a gadget with lots of plastic parts that broke in the cold or from pilot abuse depends on who you talk to. Bag pickers are fun once you get used to them and id prefer to use them to their human counterparts. The biggest factor in bag runners and using them is the guy who sets up the cone or ball or whatever, if they are trained well and conscious when they set it up it will be much easier. Hopefully your crew likes you!

overall, i prefer the rupert's land over the other two especially the ATR which i find to be a nuisance. having said that it is the one that i have the least experience with. the Mr T is pretty good but i think it is a bit too light.

in my experience with the rupert's land it really depends on how it is looked after. i have had some that drop individual pins just like advertized and i have had others that will spit out an entire rack at once. they are all different and you have to get used to each one. i do find it is easier to pick with though, because it is slightly larger, weightier, and seems to be more stable.

that is just me and this forum being what it is, i'm sure someone will pipe up and tell me i'm wrong. :rolleyes:

Guest bag swinnger

The way I see it is that they are all crap!

At times, each of them have worked ok, but none have worked consistantly.

The worst one has to be the Conquest one for sure. A smarty hook would be a better choice than that thing. the guy that sold that idea to Conquest must be laughing his *** off and counting the money cause it takes one and a half helicopters to do the same job that the other pickers would do.

Used the All Terrain picker, was good not to have to worry about knocking pins over, but the snow and all of the plastic dosn't help. Also heard of a guy who couldn't get the plunger to drop in a stiff wind.

Conquest's are a piece of S***. I think that they should all be thrown in a lake...... along with the pins and cones. Too bad plastic dosn't sink.

Never tried the Mr.T

Ruperts Land is awsome. Nice and stable, hood actually guides the picker onto the pin (dosn't knock pin out of cone like the conquest one) and you can layout with it.

bell boy

I've used the Rupertsland one the most,and the Mr T one.Would take a Rupertsland one any day.

If there maintained properly,and the internals are kept clean,it works perfect.Had to use one of Trace's owned Rupertsland runners once ,,piece of garbage,banged up,wouldn't release,,,etc,,etc.

Had only a hand full of double drops in a year,and easier to pick with.

my 2 cents