Favourite Ppc Question

Winnie

Hi there everyone!

I'll be gone for 2 weeks (to lovely CZGR!!) and just had this idea, so if you could, write your favourite PPC question (Any subject) in this thread!

Reason I post now, and not when I get back, is cause I'll forget!!

Anyways, my own is:

How often are you supposed to check the contents of the Range Extender, while using it, it flight.

(Obviously a Bell Jet Ranger)

I'll give the correct answer unless anybody else does, when I get back!

Cheers

Winnie

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Winnie,

Been a while for the 206 for me and you got me stumped...I'll take the S/B on that one.

So here is one for you;

How long is the cyclic on a 206 if you were to hammered it straight? :shock:

have a safe trip,

Ronnie

My all time faves asked as part of a PPC DI -

What is the only wooden part on a Bell 204 /205 /212?

( aside from the pilot's head of course )

Answer: The plug on the end of the Tail stinger.

I then asked the examiner, looking fasinated to learn such vital information, what kind of wood the plug was fabricated from and if it was carved or turned on a lathe. The look on his face warms me still - two can play silly bugger and it was my turn. The ride was decidedly chilly from then on.

Where are the only two non-structural rivets on the same A/C?

Answer: I haven't got the faintest idea but if I find some missing rivets I will sure ask an engineer before attempting aviation !

Real answer: The two rivets on the starboard side just aft of the horizontal Stab used to mark Most fwd and Most Aft stab movement.

I should have asked if missing non-structural rivets were covered by the MEL but the examiner was busy muttering to himself and writting nasty things on the PPC form. I had to tell him how to spell nincompoop.

My all time faves asked as part of a PPC DI -

What is the only wooden part on a Bell 204 /205 /212?

( aside from the pilot's head of course )

Answer: The plug on the end of the Tail stinger.

I then asked the examiner, looking fasinated to learn such vital information, what kind of wood the plug was fabricated from and if it was carved or turned on a lathe. The look on his face warms me still - two can play silly bugger and it was my turn. The ride was decidedly chilly from then on.

Where are the only two non-structural rivets on the same A/C?

Answer: I haven't got the faintest idea but if I find some missing rivets I will sure ask an engineer before attempting aviation !

Real answer: The two rivets on the starboard side just aft of the horizontal Stab used to mark Most fwd and Most Aft stab movement.

I should have asked if missing non-structural rivets were covered by the MEL but the examiner was busy muttering to himself and writting nasty things on the PPC form. I had to tell him how to spell nincompoop.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Where do you measure a 204/205 to find the widest part of both a/c? There may come a day when this piece of information is very important in order to get either a/c into a building and out of the weather for heavy maintainance.

Grunt, strain, Push - CHRUNCH!!!!!

Oops - correct answer is the Stab Bar - look up! look way up!

Not having the blade tied down and having the guy on the top deck holding it let go and it bounces up at the wrong moment dinging the door, light fixture ( Loud popping noise, large flash, hangar goes dark - loud swearing noises, muffled laughter from those not involved) or low ceiling gets you points too! Putting the shortest, lightest guy on the stinger helps insure max damage / havok.

What is the max gross for use of the ground handling wheels on the 205 / 212? And how deep do you have to dig to find the answer in writing in a Bell Book ( COM doesn't count ) ? hint - bring a pick and shovel!