Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Favourite Ppc Question

Winnie

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 years later...

Hehe, long time no see on this one!

highest elevation on MAP question:

On the legend above the HYPSOMETRIC Tinting, there is a box with a number, and a lat and long, the box is also ON the map at THAT lat and long, indicating the highest altitude on the map.

Decoding TAF/METARS are always good, here is one for ya, what does LTGICCCCG mean... It is in a METAR.

RDM, still did not get the answer to the cyclic question...

REally need to know now, It'll be asked soon!

Cheers,

H.

Decoding TAF/METARS are always good, here is one for ya, what does LTGICCCCG mean... It is in a METAR.

Lightning I think?

A question a guy at work posed last week to pass the time:

At cruise power setting you fly at 100 kts. Your daily trip to Site X takes 50 minutes in no wind, so it's easy to plan your fuel for the round trip. However today you have a 25 kt tail wind going to ______. There is no fuel available at the site either.

Will your round trip today take the same amount of time, less time or more time.

Apparently about 50% of pilots get this one wrong.

Lightning I think?

A question a guy at work posed last week to pass the time:

At cruise power setting you fly at 100 kts. Your daily trip to Site X takes 50 minutes in no wind, so it's easy to plan your fuel for the round trip. However today you have a 25 kt tail wind going to ______. There is no fuel available at the site either.

Will your round trip today take the same amount of time, less time or more time.

Apparently about 50% of pilots get this one wrong.

More time. Not a lot, but more.

I'll let it sit for a tad more.

Here's another one that I seen often in Newfoundland: PRESRR

Ryan:

Looking at your question, the time to travel should be the same, as the wind will cancel each leg out. however, calculating it, shows us this:

Distance is 83.3 miles

50 minutes in no wind Total of 1 hour 40 minutes return (not counting the pee stop for the pilot here)

40 minutes at 125 kts G/S (Going out)

1 hour 6 miutes coming back, for a total of 1 hour 46 minutes.

So 6 minutes longer at this wind.

Cheers

W.

I'll let it sit for a tad more.

Here's another one that I seen often in Newfoundland: PRESRR

Pressure Rising Rapidly

It goes right along with PRESFR often seen on the West Coast

Good one, I have also seen some intereseting GFA abbrev. that are not translated in any AIM or NAV Canada publications