Jump to content

Chc Having Issues?


saturnman
 Share

Recommended Posts

Heard from the grapevine the following 2 tidbits?

 

1. CHC has changed their touring schedules from 6/6 to 6/5 to help cope with scheduling issues?

 

2. Their has been an application to the CIRB regarding bringing a pilot's union into CHC?

 

Any info to add?

 

SM

 

There is a shortage of pilots and engineers and crews are often asked to extend to fill in. Extra pay is set at around 200 a day I think but is negotiable depending on the situation, how bad they need you, time of year ect. I have not heard of an official change of rotation.

 

There is an application before the CLRB to certify the GPHA (Global Helicopter Pilots Association). CHC is arguing that because they operate out of Canada and use non Canadians as well as operating through Foreign National companies such as Thai Air Services that Canadian Labour law does not apply. A ruling will be forthcoming.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They (YVR) tried going to 6 and 4 in the mid-90s with the subsequent loss of a large number of their more experienced crew. After all, who has the most options? They can't afford to repeat that loss again. It was such a bad plan that it didn't even last a year and they were back to even time tours.

 

In addition, 6 and 5 would be almost impossible to schedule, especially on a one machine, one crew job.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Heard from the grapevine the following 2 tidbits?

 

1. CHC has changed their touring schedules from 6/6 to 6/5 to help cope with scheduling issues?

 

2. Their has been an application to the CIRB regarding bringing a pilot's union into CHC?

 

Any info to add?

 

SM

 

 

Saturnman, CHC has not changed its touring schedule to a 6/5 and if they even proposed that they would be in for a surprise as Reddog indicated! They are however asking the guys to do a lot of extended tours for which they will pay you an extra $300.00 a day. If you have got the time, the money ain't bad.

 

With reference to the CIRB, we are in a "holding pattern" at this time waiting for the final decision of the board to grant us certification or not. All we can do at this time is wait.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...