Cnd Helicopter Industry

I'm with 350 on this one....Transquebecneice must have a different copy of the HEPAC site to refer to, or is simply putting her spin on how the association will play out. I get none of that vibe when reading the website either.

One thing I hold onto dearly in this industry, is my experience. That will never be given freely to the youngin's moving on up. The only thing I give them is a platform to learn from, it's up to them to become good in their own right and earn that all mighty dollar they will be paid for being more worthy of the next guy.

I'll never tell anyone everything I know, that's my wild card in my pocket to show my employer why he should be paying me $xx.xx more than this guy and that guy. Unfortunately with my attitude, the industry doesn't get anything back from me I guess. But in the flip side, the industry isn't losing anything either.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good morning. I want to apologize if I put anyone on the defensive; it wasn’t my intent. Nor am I putting my spin on how anything would/could play out in HEPAC’s evolution. In any grass-roots level, non-profit association, the mind doesn’t have to wander too far to imagine how endless the positive possibilities are. The philanthropic volunteers who step forward to guide it gently on its path will likely drive the course it takes. That’s a given. ;)

And of course you give of yourself to your industry on a daily basis. That's another given. When you work in a high-risk industry, the continual exchange of knowledge is a must for the safety of all concerned. And yes, hard-earned and coveted skill sets = job security. No doubt about that. But in any association, it is up to the individual volunteer member to decide how much or how little they give of themselves. Some give freely and 110%; others hold back to see how it can benefit them before they jump in in an area that most appeals to them. That’s pretty standard, IMHO. I simply don’t see any “strong-arming” in the “rhetoric.”

You are clearly passionate about your jobs, your industry and the issues you bring up. I only see that as proof positive of the need for an association such as HEPAC. Perhaps keeping an open mind to any and all possibilities is in order? Or not? Again, that’s entirely up to the individual. :)

Enjoy the remains of the day!

I don't understand the confusion. I can't find where HEPAC has said that it will fight with your employer because you cannot get along with the company I think that is your own problem.I understand that this is group of like minded peaple who as a group will develope a voice for the betterment of the industry.If you want a union join the auto workers or the boilermakers but that means you would be in another industry.

Guest graunch1

Thanks for clearing the air 350. Often it is amazing how sometimes a statement by one person who makes it in good conscience can be misread by someone else who looks at it differently or out of context.

I have been guilty of this myself. The other day someone said that John Ralph was an ugly SOB and I just said he wasn't ugly ;)

I have been on their website pretty vague if you ask me, why's that. Pretty funny really when this industry is the most regulated as far as audits, paperwork, ramp checks go but its great to have some one watching your back and stand up for you. What happens in the future if you dont want any alliance ie: you cant work for us if you dont belong to local 101 where do i send my donation or is it automatically deducted from my paycheck. Ive been in this industry long enough without needing anybody to voice my concerns and i would certainly never pay a dime for that.

Sigh.....I can see by the posts by as350 and TS that you just dont get it (HEPAC), fair enough.

That is the beauty of democracy..... you can do your own thing, keep your head in the sand and only worry about yourself.

Well gentlemen, there are things within Transport Canada and SMS that "will" affect how you go out and perform and work within this industry.........we feel flight crews should have a voice. The HAC has made it clear how they will try and approach industry self management.....some of us are concerned.

Our efforts are not posted on our site for a couple of reasons, it is a new site that will receive changes as needed, and there are things in the works with no definitive date(s) for completion. Time is needed.

Fortunately there are a large number of people in this industry that are the opposite of the above mentioned posters (thankfully)...... and their insight, wisdom, and support is helping out imensely

with the foundation of HEPAC.......thank you.

Cheers, H56

Sigh.....I can see by the posts by as350 and TS that you just dont get it (HEPAC), fair enough.

That is the beauty of democracy..... you can do your own thing, keep your head in the sand and only worry about yourself.

Well gentlemen, there are things within Transport Canada and SMS that "will" affect how you go out and perform and work within this industry.........we feel flight crews should have a voice. The HAC has made it clear how they will try and approach industry self management.....some of us are concerned.

Our efforts are not posted on our site for a couple of reasons, it is a new site that will receive changes as needed, and there are things in the works with no definitive date(s) for completion. Time is needed.

Fortunately there are a large number of people in this industry that are the opposite of the above mentioned posters (thankfully)...... and their insight, wisdom, and support is helping out imensely

with the foundation of HEPAC.......thank you.

Cheers, H56

Isnt this cloak and dagger approach what this industry is trying to get away from ,I dont get any heads up as it is, same old same old. Pretty cool web site with no concrete objectives its like just another operator we'll let you know when we know and by the way you don't need to know. Hey Bob no director goes on this forum looking for consenus info a grade 5 student could pull up obviously a shock response was the intended target so be it im in as soon as the road is paved and the traffic is moving instead at a stall which is your predictament today walk the walk not the .... cheers

Helilog,

I got your back!! :angry:

I hate seeing such a nice guy getting so riled up. :rolleyes:

Hepac is a great organization, and all at PHT support their efforts.

How can I help?

"AS350" you remind me of the guy who doesn't vote and then ****** about government. If you aren't a member what business of yours is it how they operate.

Rob

Isnt this cloak and dagger approach what this industry is trying to get away from ,I dont get any heads up as it is, same old same old. Pretty cool web site with no concrete objectives its like just another operator we'll let you know when we know and by the way you don't need to know. Hey Bob no director goes on this forum looking for consenus info a grade 5 student could pull up obviously a shock response was the intended target so be it im in as soon as the road is paved and the traffic is moving instead at a stall which is your predictament today walk the walk not the .... cheers

Sir...HEPAC or no HEPAC be very careful of who and what you speak, forum or no forum, as this is a very small industry. I would suggest shaking hands before taking the arm if you get my meaning. Sooner or later you are gonna find yourself stranded on that ****** unpaved road with your thumb out! And even if the guy that pulls over won't give you a ride cause he's going in the opposite direction but makes a phone call I'll bet you'll take it. Time will tell, it always does. Especially when the proverbial tow truck shows up as a result of that phone call.

Take this little diatribe for what it is and how you will. As PIC, as always, it is up to you.

Zazu