Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Canada's Best Contribution To Aviation

Kyle

Guest Airplay

Alcock and Brown? What does Sammy Davis Junior have to do with Aviation?

:)

Personally I think aircraft like the Beaver and the Twin Otter really shine in Canadian Aviation. I'm sure the Arrow would have as well but that's kind of hard to determine.

Other than that Bombardier has managed to make Canada into the 3rd largest aircraft manufacturing nation in the world. No small task for a population of 30 million.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

At the risk of sounding insanely corny, I'll say you (Canadian Aviation professionals).

I say that because everywhere I have been in the world Canadian companies, aircraft, pilots, techs and professionals in aviation have made an impact. In Jamaica Canadian Air Force guys provide standards and training to their helicopter pilots who fly helos built in Montreal with Canadian engines. When I was in the Gulf we saw numerous machines flying with PT6, the little NZ Sea Sprite landed on gear made in Ajax ON, Canadians literally ruled in Abu Dhabi aviation and several coalition aircrew we met had trained in Canada.

Canadians and Canadian aircraft in the Maldives, the Codfather all over the world, Dash 7s in the Alps, Twotters in Antartica, PT6s in everything that flies, Canadian bushplanes alllllll over the world, amazing feats from the earliest days of aviation to the present.......let's face it, Canadians and Canadian aviation ROCKS!

• 2 months later...

All you guys are bang on the money and if I had to choose one person in particular, it would be Max Ward for his contribution to the development of the north and to building one of the classiest airlines in the world (WardAir). There are a bunch more people out there that deserve a nod but I'm not familiar enough with the Canadian Aviation History to know who they are. :)

Just finished “Fate is the Hunter”…here’s my two cents

I don’t know if it was a great contribution to Canadian aviation but know it was a great contribution to our stability,,,the experienced flight crew who flew materials (read radio aids) into Greenland before WW2 so the “green” bomber pilots could find their targets. Otherwise…hiel…whatever.