Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Hac Leader

Guest Jerry

There is one obvious solution to the entire mess, and that is for the individuals involved to make a public statement on the issue. As an industry group, this is the only way forward to ensure that the entire membership of the group is aware of the facts and can then make their decisions based on facts.

Once the facts are out there, then it is time for the board to make it's decision on any action to be taken, if they deem it necessary. The President of the organization represents the membership, and serves at their pleasure.

Once the board has made it's decision, it is time for the membership to make their decision on this, and some may vote with their feet if this is not taken to an adequate conclusion.

Simply ignoring what has occurred will not make the issue go away. This is an industry organization that interfaces with the public and represents the entire Canadian helicopter industry. To do nothing, simply implies that the industry condones the actions that occurred - which the conviction and fines obviously demonstrate that the law takes extreme exception to.

It is not our place to either judge or rationalise what has occurred. However it is the duty of the board and membership of the HAC to debate the issue and determine what, if any, sanction or penalty should be appropriate.

The credibility and value of the entire organization is at stake, as this matter will be dragged up by the opposite party every time there is a public debate.

Well said N1, I think this is the best decision those involved can make. The people (HAC directors and members) will speak when given the opportunity and if change is required, it will be decided democratically.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well said N1, I think this is the best decision those involved can make. The people (HAC directors and members) will speak when given the opportunity and if change is required, it will be decided democratically.

Moderators:

I agree totally and the sooner this thread is closed permanently, the better, as there is not much more to say from this end.

Don

Just don't seem right sittin' in judgement. I mean, really...who among us hasn't done something really stupid and/or possibly even illegal in the public eye? Perhaps one day Mr. J and the others will speak about it, perhaps not. But who are we to judge? I reckon surely HAC can handle its own dirty laundry (truly for lack of a better phrase; my apologies). ;)

Now 'bout that Bailey's, John...I'll trade you some Kahlua so I can make a B52! :lol:Oh, come on! It's blizzardin' again!

Moderators:

I agree totally and the sooner this thread is closed permanently, the better, as there is not much more to say from this end.

Don

Mike:

Having just returned from your neck of the woods, Cambridge. I can appreciate your concerns, but as a member of HAC you have a slight conflict of interest. Do not try and justify the behavior of a few miss guided people that were not aware that hunting with helicopters is illegal.

The excuse related on this site by the HAC CEO is hogwash and you amplified it by printing it.

I guess when the robbers are inside the bank, the guy outside driving the getaway car is innocent.

You forget that I am an original "Quebecois" and am well aware of what goes on, on the North Shore having flown thousands of hours in the area and had my tail rotor cables cut in a Hydro compound for flying game wardens. I have no sympathy for anybody involved, especially you know who, having known him by reputation when I lived in Quebec City and was President of the Quebec Flying Club.

My sympathy goes out to all the other members of HAC and the rest of the helicopter industry for having our reputation besmirched by a few -------, make up your own words.

Don

:huh:

So..... once you've spoken your mind, you have decided the thread should be shut down? Sounds democratic, as there's nothing more to say from your end...

Can't wait to join your organization...

The director of HEPAC doesn't get involved in petty he said she said nonsense.

Hello John, you must be new around here, please allow me to introduce myself, I am Mr Spar, Mr Twisted Spar, I've been around these parts for some years now and would like to correct you if I may have that pleasure....as far as your comment goes, the past present and future of said individual has been based solely on his ability to be involved in petty, go no where arguments.... it has become his calling card.

Hello John, you must be new around here, please allow me to introduce myself, I am Mr Spar, Mr Twisted Spar, I've been around these parts for some years now and would like to correct you if I may have that pleasure....as far as your comment goes, the past present and future of said individual has been based solely on his ability to be involved in petty, go no where arguments.... it has become his calling card.

Well....I certainly have been put in my place. :rolleyes: It especially means so much more, when it is done by someone hiding behind an alias....(oops, that was petty of me) :shock:

Dear John, and Moderators,

While I agree with the remarks about negative direction in this thread, past posts have shown that everyone has their own agenda, and there seems to be some hypocrisy about the remarks made by HEPAC persons to HAC persons, so when some splashes back, why not leave it be for a while, and see if anything is put down by the latter aforementioned? (HAC)

I have not seen you worrying about the negative effects of your remarks in other threads that were obviously eggnog-induced, ie, quote 'game meat for sale', in the thread, 'What's this all about?'.

So why should impartial moderators come to the rescue of those who are put on the spot for their remarks?

That's fair, isn't it?

Be pretty easy to go and do something else for now, if you have nothing else to say, right?