Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Cirb Rules In Favour Of Ghpa

BOOMER

The Canadian Industrial Relations Board rules in favour of the Global Helicopter Pilots Association(CHC pilots). This is the first step in the transformation of the offshore helicopter industry! Good news for ALL pilots with regards to the betterment of our industry.

Does anyone know what the rest of the story is?

My understanding is that one of the challenges CHC made against the association went against CHC which was in regards to the CLRB having jurisdiction on the company in light of the fact that many of the employees are not Canadian.

I believe there is at least one if not more challenges before the court before the champaign gets popped. I could be wrong of course and it wouldn't be the first time.

Does anyone know what the rest of the story is?

My understanding is that one of the challenges CHC made against the association went against CHC which was in regards to the CLRB having jurisdiction on the company in light of the fact that many of the employees are not Canadian.

I believe there is at least one if not more challenges before the court before the champaign gets popped. I could be wrong of course and it wouldn't be the first time.

Hey Duece,

There are certainly more challenges ahead with this issue, however it seems to me as though the position the GHPA is in now has never been experienced to date. There have been similar attempts to associate in the past that only resulted in the company scattering the people involved in trying to bring about change. CHC will definitely continue to put up "road blocks"regarding this ruling and we are still in for a long process. More information regarding this decision is supposed to come down the pipeline here shortly, which should shed some more light on the details.

• 1 month later...