Medical Processing.....

zozie

Hi all;

I did my Cat1 medical for the first time on Nov 21st. I was really looking forward to having it as I'm ready to solo any time. Here we are on the 24th, I called TC to see what's happening and after holding on the phone for an hour, they tell me they never received it from the doctors office...Great!! I called the doc's office but of course they're closed today.... So TC tells me it's gonna take another month to process it once they receive it. What should I do? My instructor isn't all that concerned as he says we can do more dual and get into navigation but I'm still pissed.

Merry X-mas everyone.

Hi all;

I did my Cat1 medical for the first time on Nov 21st. I was really looking forward to having it as I'm ready to solo any time. Here we are on the 24th, I called TC to see what's happening and after holding on the phone for an hour, they tell me they never received it from the doctors office...Great!! I called the doc's office but of course they're closed today.... So TC tells me it's gonna take another month to process it once they receive it. What should I do? My instructor isn't all that concerned as he says we can do more dual and get into navigation but I'm still pissed.

Merry X-mas everyone.

I am surprised you were not asked to do this before you started training. What if you had an issue that would keep you from obtaining a class one? Anyhow, the list of alternatives to solo is endless. The more autos you shoot before you solo the better off you are anyways. Just have fun!

Happy New Year!

• 1 month later...

If you look at tc.gc.ca and look around youll find all the requirements, but basically mine was a drug test (they dont like us young punks haha), a quick vision test, an audiogram, and an ecocardiogram.

I would go get one befor laying down any deposite for school or anything like that.

Cheers.

Cole

They take a urine sample to check for sugars and protiens, has something to do with diabetes I believe, they will also do a ISHIHARA colour plate test to check for colour blindness, and a whisper test, then as mention by Cole you will need to get ECG done, and Audiogram test. Its pretty basic and If your in decent shape and under 40 it shouldnt be a problem to pass it.

hope that helps

Paul

They take a urine sample to check for sugars and protiens, has something to do with diabetes I believe, they will also do a ISHIHARA colour plate test to check for colour blindness, and a whisper test, then as mention by Cole you will need to get ECG done, and Audiogram test. Its pretty basic and If your in decent shape and under 40 it shouldnt be a problem to pass it.

hope that helps

Paul

Under 40 ? :huh:

If you pass the pee test, the ekg and the eye test, then you're fine. I've seen some not-too-healthy-looking airline pilots come through the doc's office same time as me and they all passed with flying colours.

All the CAME is looking for is signd of imminent health problems that could be dangerous for flying...

PS. Don't have sex just before going for your medical. It tends to screw up the pee test. I ended up having to get complete blood work as a result... B)

It seems like theres 2 types of CAME's, the ones who, provided you aren't about to fall over dead, will pass you with flying colors, and the ones who will do everything in there power to see you fail.

I had one medical for my fixed wing ticket where the doctor kept asking me once after every different test if I'd done drugs... I told him I hadn't every time and it went to the point to where I just switched doctors. The first one that ever did it though basically just sat with me and BS'd about flying then did a sight test then I left.

I believe you only have to get the ECG once every couple of years if you're under 40 but I think the audiogram is every year... ill look it up a bit later and let ya know.

Cheers.

Cole